Teen Dating Issues/I told this girl I had feelings for her, and no response

Question
I've been in love with this girl for a few years, and last night I finally told this girl I had feelings for her, It left her speechless, as I was leaving I said I hope to hear she feels some type of way. Up to that moment everything was perfect we had deep conversation, held hands, fed each other food, talked about "Our" future together, and even admitted we dreamt about each other in a sexual way. Today however no text, (which is really unusual) no response nothing. I just want some opinions as to what might be going through her mind, to act like that, where I may have gone wrong, and what maybe should I do, I don't want to see her again with both of us acting like it never happened.

Answer
Hi Mike, here at AllExperts.com we have a question pool where duplicate or multiple questions are sent when someone cannot or does not have the time to answer them. I came across your question, and thought I'd share my thoughts on your situation.

Now I'm not sure if things have changed since the 22nd. Seeing as it's the 27th here. Your situation however is not uncommon. In fact, it happens to several I've spoken with. Growing up, and I say that as if I am so much older being in my 20s, I had this happen.

The girl was beautiful but I didn't know how to ask her out. I mean, everyone knew we liked each other. Her friends knew, my friends knew. We'd talk, sit by each other when possible. It seemed however, that the chase was the best part. I had fallen for her, and her me. One day, I grew a set and asked her out. It was tough. But I did. And things were great. Turns out, we didn't have as much in common as we wanted. The chase was the best thing about it.

I say all that to say this, perhaps the chase for her was the best part. Then she realized that things were not what she wanted.

However, it could be completely different. Sometimes, the girl feels awkward about things. The guy can at times too. So they don't know the way to call or text, so things get awkward and it can be weird. That's my best opinion personally. Mainly because, even if things were working or not, the awkwardness would be there.

If you have any other questions, please let me know and I'd be happy to help

Teen Dating Issues

Joe Burgett