Teen Dating Issues/i like this guy, but

So there's this guy and we have been friends for a while now. One of my best friends is in love with him. They don't know anything about each other. They met once in person. They said hi and that all. She tells everyone about him. His lock screen, home screen, and password is him. Everyone at our school thinks him and her are going to date. That's what she tells everyone. He goes to a different school. Him and I have been talking and hanging out allot more now. He told me he likes me and that he has for awhile. I told him how my friend liked him. He doesn't feel the same way towards her, he likes me allot, i'm starting to like him allot. I think we would work out well together. I just don't know what to do. Should i talk to her? She will probably hate me along with everyone else at our school.

Yes, you should talk to her. She is putting all of her effort into making it look like she's with him when in reality, she isn't making any real effort to get to know him.

A romantic relationship is very much like a friendship. How "creepy" would it be for a girl to act like she's friends with another girl just because she meets her once? Of course, you cannot tell your friend she's acting creepy. That would be mean. No, she's just acting like a typical young girl - a little obsessed with someone similar to how we sometimes "crush" on a famous person.

Explain to her that you've always liked him but kept it to yourself because of her interest in him. But now he's pursuing you more, and you would like to be able to return his interest openly. Put it this way: If you want to date him, then ask him out. If you don't ask him out, then you must not be that interested. Or, if you ask him out and he says no, then at least let him go so that you can feel decent about being interested in him.

Whatever you do, do not let a boy come between you and your friend. Friends will always be there; boys will not. It's the friendship rule. Girlfriends first, boyfriends second. Because when you are an adult and marry, it is 115% the OTHER way around. So you need to enjoy your girlfriends while you are young!

I hope this helps!!

Teen Dating Issues

Suzi Zimmerman

I am a teacher and I write books on teen dating, self-esteem, and values. I can answer questions on making healthy choices, self-improvement, liking yourself, relationships and friendships, goal-setting, values, and how to handle making difficult choices.

Today 1 in 5 sexually active people has HPV (linked to cancer and genital warts) and 1 in 4 has Herpes. 90% of girls who do NOT use condoms become pregnant each year, and AIDS cases are on the rise. Those who do not have sex will not have to deal with these issues, nor will 99% of those who use condoms correctly and consistently. In short, abstain from sex or use condoms - and use them correctly. Parents of adolescent and teen girls should research Gardasil, a vaccine against many forms of HPV. You may not think your daughter will be sexually active, but this will also offer her certain health protection in the event of rape - or should she become sexually active.