Teen Dating Issues/Thank you!

Question
Hi Suzi!

I wrote you a question in 2009 about a guy who I was dating at the time. I'll include a link to the conversation at the bottom of this, but basically he was extremely controlling and I asked you what I should do about it and you tried to talk me through it and gave me some really good advice. You were the only person who I could talk to about it since I felt ashamed of how our relationship was, and I felt like I couldn't talk to my friends or family. I just wanted to say thank you for your advice, even though this was 7 years ago now, it meant a lot to me. And I wanted to let you know that it took me a while, but I eventually did take your advice and broke up with him the summer before I went to college, which was the best decision I've ever made. I'm a senior in college now with a boyfriend who treats me extremely well, and I haven't spoken to that guy in a couple of years now. And even though that was a horrible relationship that lasted for way too long, now I know exactly what I do want in a relationship and would never be willing to put up with someone who doesn't treat me the way that I deserve to be treated.

Here's a link to the conversation:
http://en.allexperts.com/q/Teen-Dating-Issues-849/2009/6/boyfriend-63.htm

Again thank you so much for your advice,
Kelsey

Answer
Kelsey, I was so surprised to hear from you, and I remember your question.

I'm very glad to hear you are doing well and that you've built a healthy self-esteem.

I hope you don't mind that I shared your above paragraph with my FaceBook family. I altered it, so it can't be traced to you. But it just made me feel so good to know that seven years later you wanted to thank me. So for that, I thank YOU!! You made my day and gave me a little fuel to continue advising young people on All Experts!!

I wish you the best with your senior year and beyond.

Suzi  

Teen Dating Issues

Suzi Zimmerman