Teen Dating Issues/I told him I like him

Question
Hi Sandi,
I wanted to ask you what I should do in this situation. So I like this guy and liked him for a while (couple months). So I finally decided to tell him I like him. So we both are taking summer school and we hang out in the same place so when our break came (we only get one) I was super nervous but when the bell rang I motion him to come and I flat out said this is easy to tell you but I like you.... He instantly started smiling,face got red pushed his hair back and said alright gave me a fist bump and we walk to our class. I told him the last day of the week (Thursday). Now I'm somewhat regretting telling him because I don't wanna ruin my friendship if he doesn't like me back. On top of that, he has an ex and he's sorta talking to her again so I really don't know what to do when Monday comes.  Extra Info: In high school, I'm 16 and he's 16

Answer
Hi Destiny

Do you think you can just be friends with him if he doesn't show any interest in a relationship? If so than I would just act normal like you would any other time. Dont say anything more about liking him or dating. Just act like he is a friend. Let him make the next move. Its always awkward in these kinds of situations but I think you did the right thing in letting him know how you feel. Good luck! And please let me know if you want to talk more

Sandi

Teen Dating Issues

Sandi