Teen Health/semen

is there any home remedy to increase my sperm count???? any particular food please help me.

Hi A.,

There is no magic combination of food that is going to make you more potent. The best way to protect against infertility is to:

Have safe sex - use condoms to reduce your chance of getting chlamydia and gonorrhea both of which can lead to infertility.

Eat a balanced diet - lots of protein, and antioxidant rich fruits and vegetables. Stay away from the processed stuff.

Maintain a healthful lifestyle - stay physically active and watch your weight. It's possible that obesity can affect sperm count and quality.

Reduce stress- anxiety can impact sexual function and interfere with the hormones needed to create sperm.

This being said, A., if you're young and healthy, chances are that your sperm count is just fine and not worth worrying about. If you're really concerned about it, or have noticed something unusual please consult your doctor.

(source: Mayo clinic)

Teen Health

Julia Fout

I can answer questions about sex/relationships/sexual orientation, HIV/STIs, pregnancy and contraception, nutrition, puberty, how to talk to parents/friends/teachers, depression and anxiety and drug use/drinking.
I think teens need sensitive, practical, fact-based information that's relevant to real life and is drawn from experience - I'm here to provide just that.
Note: I am not a medical doctor, I cannot diagnose illnesses and my advice is not meant to replace the care of a qualified physician.

I have a degree in Psychology and am working towards my Masters of Public Health with the goal of being a Health Educator. In both of these fields I've spent a lot of time focusing on the needs (mental, emotional, and physical) of teens. My undergraduate courses were heavily focused on the development of the adolescent and all accompanying issues. In my graduate program, I've been enjoying learning about disease prevention/control and behavioral health science, especially as it pertains to sex education. Both in school and out,I've logged many hours mentoring and tutoring kids of all ages; competently responding and reacting to their needs and providing thoughtful direction.

East Carolina University
The Brody School of Medicine
Masters of Public Health Program

B.A. Psychology with a minor in Education
MPH Candidate