Teen Pregnancy/I need some help again!

Okay so when I first got my period 4 days after having sexual intercourse I asked you if I was pregnant and you said I should be fine. And after I finished my period it was pretty normal and I bled heavy on the first few days and then average the next 2 days and then it eventually stopped. It's 11 days later and I feel like I've gained some weight but I'm not sure if its just because I've been eating a lot or what. But I shouldn't be pregnant if my last period was heavy right? And I think I started ovulating the 18th of November because I started seeing white stuff in my underwear and I looked up how to tell if you're ovulating and from what it says I think I am. But I'm still nervous if I'm pregnant or not! Please help!

In your original note I don't think you mentioned if the sex was unprotected, I'm going to assume that it was. What I think happened is that you got very, very lucky. Sounds to me like you got a normal period and I still doubt you're pregnant. If you were, it would be too early for symptoms like weight gain, so you might want to chalk that one up to the holiday season :)

If you're really worried - and it sounds like you are - go buy a pregnancy test just to make sure. Enough time has passed for it to give you an accurate reading.

I can tell how anxious you've been over this and I want to remind you that sex should be a fun way of connecting with your partner, not a source of stress and fear! But the only way to avoid these types of freak-outs is by using safe, consistent protection every time. So talk to your mom about a birth control prescription and buy yourself a box of condoms - not only is it the responsible thing to do, but it'll do wonders for your peace-of-mind.

Good luck,

Teen Pregnancy

Julia Fout

I can answer questions pertaining to pregnancy symptoms, likelihood of being pregnant, pregnancy prevention, your options once you discover you are pregnant, how to talk to parents, how to talk to partners, prenatal concerns, and emergency contraception.

I have a degree in Psychology and am working towards my Masters of Public Health. Both of these fields require an understanding of adolescent development, health behavior and health education. I am invested deeply in ensuring that teens have access to practical, fact-based information. To provide this I stay current by reviewing peer-reviewed literature, health trends and statistics, and the work of activists in the field of pregnancy, sex education, mental health and general well being.

BA in Psychology/minor in Education
MPH Candidate 2014