Teen Pregnancy/pregnancy

Question
Am 20 and am 4months pregnant am in school and not ready to have a baby what should i do

Answer
Hi Selina, I'm so sorry you have to face these decisions. Unfortunately I am not well versed enough in the resources Ghana has to offer to adequately answer your question. From what I've read elective abortions seem to be illegal except in certain cases. I'm not sure what the process is around adoption/surrendering your parental rights, but I would pursue that option if it is available to you. If you are able, I would go to a local health clinic as soon a possible to speak to someone about your options. I know that an American organization, Planned Parenthood has been partnering with clinics and community centers in Ghana, such as the Non-Governmental Organization providing Sexual and Reproductive Health. I'm not sure what district of Ghana you're from, but if you were able to visit one of these clinics, I would encourage you to do so. Here is a link with some contact information that may be helpful http://www.ppag-gh.org/index.php?option=com_contact&view=category&catid=0&Itemid

What ever you do, DO NOT go to anyone who is unlicensed or untrained for an abortion, and do not EVER try to induce a miscarriage - this can be very, very dangerous and potentially life threatening.

Best of luck to you,

Julia

Teen Pregnancy

Julia Fout