Teen Pregnancy/Pregnancy

I haven't had my period and am supposed to have had it already.
My boyfriend and i had unprotected sex about a month ago,and am not sure if i am pregnant? What are some of the pregnancy symptoms ?

Hi M.,

Here are some early pregnancy symptoms:

1. Missed period - the most obvious and usually the earliest sign
2. Swollen or sore breasts
3. Nausea - not usually felt until the 5th or 6th week
4. Extreme fatigue
5. Backaches/ Headaches
6. Mood swings/cramping/bloating - very PMS-like

When were you expecting your period? I would really encourage you to take a home pregnancy test. For best results wait four or five days after the date you were supposed to start your period. I know this is probably really stressful, but remember that anxiety can halt your menstruation cycle, so try to relax a little.  

Teen Pregnancy

Julia Fout

I can answer questions pertaining to pregnancy symptoms, likelihood of being pregnant, pregnancy prevention, your options once you discover you are pregnant, how to talk to parents, how to talk to partners, prenatal concerns, and emergency contraception.

I have a degree in Psychology and am working towards my Masters of Public Health. Both of these fields require an understanding of adolescent development, health behavior and health education. I am invested deeply in ensuring that teens have access to practical, fact-based information. To provide this I stay current by reviewing peer-reviewed literature, health trends and statistics, and the work of activists in the field of pregnancy, sex education, mental health and general well being.

BA in Psychology/minor in Education
MPH Candidate 2014