Teen Pregnancy/Am I pregnant?!

I had sex 4 days ago ( nov. 5) and I got my period today. (Nov.9) it's only the first day and it's been sort of an average amount of bleeding.. But can I still be pregnant?!

Sorry for the delay, A.

If you got your period and are bleeding regularly then I think you can rest assured that you're not pregnant. A few women do experience implantation spotting, but this is very light and does not last.

Good luck,

Teen Pregnancy

Julia Fout

I can answer questions pertaining to pregnancy symptoms, likelihood of being pregnant, pregnancy prevention, your options once you discover you are pregnant, how to talk to parents, how to talk to partners, prenatal concerns, and emergency contraception.

I have a degree in Psychology and am working towards my Masters of Public Health. Both of these fields require an understanding of adolescent development, health behavior and health education. I am invested deeply in ensuring that teens have access to practical, fact-based information. To provide this I stay current by reviewing peer-reviewed literature, health trends and statistics, and the work of activists in the field of pregnancy, sex education, mental health and general well being.

BA in Psychology/minor in Education
MPH Candidate 2014