Teen Pregnancy/teen pregnancy

Hey i am really worried because i was having sex with my girlfriend last week and the condom broke. I pulled out fast and we did nothing more. but her stomach has been hurting for a few days and were both stressing out. Also we did it two weeks after her last period and she isn't taking any pills.

Hi, L

Your girlfriend definitely might be pregnant. The classic first symptom is a missed period - so that's what you need to watch out for. Unfortunately in this case it's too late for Plan-B, but if this ever happens again you need to head over to your local pharmacy and pick up an emergency contraception pill - if you are at least 17 you don't need a prescription.

If your girlfriend is pregnant, stay calm, and I would recommend taking her to see the people at Planned Parenthood as they're going to be a great resource who will help talk you through all of your options.

Good luck,

Teen Pregnancy

Julia Fout

I can answer questions pertaining to pregnancy symptoms, likelihood of being pregnant, pregnancy prevention, your options once you discover you are pregnant, how to talk to parents, how to talk to partners, prenatal concerns, and emergency contraception.

I have a degree in Psychology and am working towards my Masters of Public Health. Both of these fields require an understanding of adolescent development, health behavior and health education. I am invested deeply in ensuring that teens have access to practical, fact-based information. To provide this I stay current by reviewing peer-reviewed literature, health trends and statistics, and the work of activists in the field of pregnancy, sex education, mental health and general well being.

BA in Psychology/minor in Education
MPH Candidate 2014