Teenage Problems/Boy trouble

Question
This is a little awkward writing this out. But today I had a boy texting me that he has a crush on me. I do not like him like that and he asked if I like him and I said im really sorry but I don't like you like that.He sounded like he was about to cry. I feel really bad now and I don't know what to do.

Answer
Hi Kate,

You can't help it if you don't like him. It's hard letting someone down like that. I had plenty of guys who liked me who I didn't like back. It was tough because they were really good guys, but I just didn't have those same feelings. As long as you let him down easy, then you have nothing to be worried about. You may feel a little guilty because you may have hurt his feelings, but that's life. He'll get over you and you'll get over the fact that you hurt his feelings. Don't stress it. Is he a friend of yours? If so then you could soften things up by saying that you don't want to ruin your friendship. If he's not a friend, then don't stress it. It's an awkward position to be in, but as long as you're nice and you let them down easy, then you're okay.

Teenage Problems

Scarlet Murdock