Teenage Problems/Off limits

Question
So here's the thing. I'm a girl. Me and my friends were having a Skype group chat and someone added this guy. Since then me and him have been talking a lot. I told some girls about it and one girl said he was off limits, because apparently they dated. So I asked him and he said that they didn't. Some time ago he commented on my picture saying that I'm hot, I said I'll take it as a compliment, and then the friend called him an a$$. Later she messages me to stop and tells me again that he's off limits. I asked her is it because they 'dated' or because she likes him. She didn't get the message yet. Tomorrow I'm seeing her at school so what should I do? And should I tell the guy? She's one of my good friends, but I really like this guy. I know this is typical teenage drama, but I'd appreciate advice.

Answer
Hi there,

That is a tough position to be in. I have always felt that if you like somebody, it shouldn't matter if your friend has dated them. Go for it. Who are they to say who you can and cant date? If they are a true, supportive friend, they will back you up and not mind it.

Hope this helps.

Teenage Problems

Dalton Brannick