Teenage Problems/My brother got a bo*er when I was on his lap and now things are awkward

We have a Christmas eve party every year, so a whole bunch of our family and friends were at our house, and there really wasn't enough space for all of us to sit in the living room all at once. My brother (btw he's 15 and I'm 16) wanted me to sit on his lap so there'd be more room for others (I was wearing a dress that looked exactly like this except with out the shoulder thing:  so I didn't feel comfortable being on him like that especially since it rose like 3 inches whenever I sat down anywhere!) But he's lot taller and stronger than me, so he pulled me onto him, and I just sat there. Not even 5 minutes later I could feel his..."thing" coming up, and he was like breathing heavily, and shaking. At first I just ignored it, but like 10 minutes or so passed and it was scaring me a little, so I tried to descretely move onto his thigh, but he noticed, and was like "Oh..Sorry about...Ummm that happens when...yeah..." and he was really red, so I didn't want to embarrass him more, so I was just like, "What?" but he knew I was lying, and I felt bad for him. I understand that happens, he's a boy after all, but I'm his sister? I feel like it's my fault for wearing something like that around him...But we haven't said anything to each other since then, and I honestly don't even know WHAT to say since I feel all awkward and uncomfortable around him now...

He is just as awkward.  The best thing you can do is to talk to him and tell him he should not feel embarrassed. He knows its normal for something like that to happen. You know it as well. He probably needs your advice on dealing with girls his age. At your ages, you undoubtedly have separate rooms and should not see each other without clothes. Always stay close to your family members.  

Teenage Problems

I have dealt with many young people in a teaching environment as well as in teaching young people at tennis clinics. Since younger people have seen so little of the world their view of the world should not be shaped by the confines of what happens within their family unit. Its natural to be shy about developing relationships outside the home but young people need to know the other person is also probably just as shy as they are. If you havea problem then remember you are in good company. There are no new problems. Someone else has also had the same problem. If you need ideas on how to handle them or some choices to consider feel free to ask. I will answer questions about moral issues and how to handle such issues when they come up in your life. Continue reading about the issue of bullies which can be physical, emotional or sexual as well as bullies who use the internet to spread stories about you. You do not have to be teenager to ask a question here on how to handle this. If you are a pre-teen or tween you may also ask a question here.

I have taught children from 7th through 12th grade. It is all too common for young people to be shy or hesistate because they fear rejection from someone of the opposite sex. You do not have to be a teenager to ask a question here. If you are a pre-teen or "tween" as is commonly used now and are being "bullied" by someone and bullies can be other kids who hit you or as is becoming more common sexual bullying by name calling or spreading stories about you feel free to ask a question about what to do about it. There is also cyber bullying by people who may know you and there can be people who are pretending to be someone they are not who may insult you and try to destroy your self esteem. When you run into people who insult you its best to just block them and delete them or at the very least close down the messenger you are using. If anyone taunts you by calling you names or racial slurs or any slur that involves a persons sexual orientation you need to understand that the person doing that is trying to project their own questions about their own sexual orientation that they are questioning. This may sound complicated and it is. The people who are the most hateful in reality hate themselves and hate what they are desperately trying to convince themselves they are not (for example being gay or lesbian).