Teenage Problems/should i date a christian?

Question
Hi Tia,

Well I met this boy a few months ago (lets just call him Bob)He was really lovely and we started to hang out a bit just when I was walking home from school and stuff. After a while he told me he loved me and I had no idea what to say back as I felt we were just close friends so I told him that I was sorry and I just didn't feel the same way about him. He said that was fine and was ready just to wait until I felt the same way. So I kind of like him but the thing is, is that he is Christian. I have nothing against Christians but I just feel like it would be awkward if we were to ever date because him and his family are REALLY Christian and I wouldn't feel right. He has asked me to go to church a few times with him but I told him I didn't want to because it would feel strange. Also, another big thing about all teenagers these days is that between couples, sex is such a big thing. (Bob and I are both 16.) But with Bob being Christian, I know that he is virgin until marriage, I feel like our relationship would never really have this big special thing in it that we both look forward to. At the moment, I don't really know what is happening between us. We talk occasionally and he still "loves" me but I just don't know if I want anything to happen. Should I give things ago? I feel as though it would be better for him to date someone with the same beliefs as him. Please help! I really need some advice. I want a cute relationship so badly but I'm not sure if the Christianity thing will come between us. I really need some advice. Thank you! :) I look forward to hearing back from you.

Answer
Hey Amy,

Do you like him enough to take him as he is? He may be a christian but it doesn't mean you can't have a relationship with him. If you can get over the no sex before marriage, if you can be open to go to church and learn a little bit about his faith. Then yes.

If you can't, then don't date him.

Hope this helps

Tia xx

Teenage Problems

Tia