Teenage Problems/height

QUESTION: I am a boy of 12 and half. I am 157cm tall. Is it okay for me. I want to know a way to at least slow down my height. And if you have any way to stop height growth so i would be like an online slave to you(not really). But please help me. I want to at least slow down my height. Please help me. Pleeeeeeese. See i'm happy form left and sad from right :-)-: Help....

ANSWER: Hi Allen, Your question is usually the reverse (someone asking how they can become taller). I am not sure how tall is 157 cm except that 2.54cm = 1 inch.  A little long division gives me something like 60 inches which is five feet tall.  There is no way to stop growing taller.  It is all about your genetics.  You may be as tall as your mother or your father. Being tall is really an asset.  I was the second tallest boy in my class.  Tall men seem to land the best jobs. They are attractive to girls. You may see yourself as towering over your classmates but that will soon equalize.  Your rate at reaching an adult height is already slowing down. I remember when ever I stood up in church I was always taller than anyone around me or in front of me.  I cannot even guess if you are well within the guidelines for a boy of 12 and a half, but I am guessing you are.  Height has many advantages. So wanting to not be tall is only an obstacle if people seem to treat you like you are much older than 12 and a half.  I always experienced that.  Your pediatrician or family doctor is the best person to ask about if you are growing too tall too soon.  They can look at charts and do a simple test to see if there is any reason why you are taller than most boys your age.  Feel free to ask a followup question if this does not help.

QUESTION: I just want to know is their any way to slow down height. I woulb be very glad to kno it. Hope you have some ways or way. Plz help. You cn tell me anything to slow my growth. Plz.

I always believed I grew taller from lying in bed summer mornings,since most growth and repair of the body occurs during sleep.  I also drank gallons of milk.  Peobably not a good idea due to the fat content.  But milk is a primary source of calcium which is a major part of our bones.  You do not sound like you are "too tall" to me if you are five feet tall (60 inches).Do not under any cicumstances try jumping up and down as this is very hard on our joints like ankles, knees, and hip joints.  You are too young to experience arthritis which comes from damge to the cartilage that cushions our bones where they connect to each other.  In short there is no way on earth i know of that will slow your growth.  Since you are starting puberty you have a growth spurt which is common to all adolescents.  You do not say why you are concerned about your height.?

Teenage Problems

I have dealt with many young people in a teaching environment as well as in teaching young people at tennis clinics. Since younger people have seen so little of the world their view of the world should not be shaped by the confines of what happens within their family unit. Its natural to be shy about developing relationships outside the home but young people need to know the other person is also probably just as shy as they are. If you havea problem then remember you are in good company. There are no new problems. Someone else has also had the same problem. If you need ideas on how to handle them or some choices to consider feel free to ask. I will answer questions about moral issues and how to handle such issues when they come up in your life. Continue reading about the issue of bullies which can be physical, emotional or sexual as well as bullies who use the internet to spread stories about you. You do not have to be teenager to ask a question here on how to handle this. If you are a pre-teen or tween you may also ask a question here.

I have taught children from 7th through 12th grade. It is all too common for young people to be shy or hesistate because they fear rejection from someone of the opposite sex. You do not have to be a teenager to ask a question here. If you are a pre-teen or "tween" as is commonly used now and are being "bullied" by someone and bullies can be other kids who hit you or as is becoming more common sexual bullying by name calling or spreading stories about you feel free to ask a question about what to do about it. There is also cyber bullying by people who may know you and there can be people who are pretending to be someone they are not who may insult you and try to destroy your self esteem. When you run into people who insult you its best to just block them and delete them or at the very least close down the messenger you are using. If anyone taunts you by calling you names or racial slurs or any slur that involves a persons sexual orientation you need to understand that the person doing that is trying to project their own questions about their own sexual orientation that they are questioning. This may sound complicated and it is. The people who are the most hateful in reality hate themselves and hate what they are desperately trying to convince themselves they are not (for example being gay or lesbian).