Teenage Problems/What is wrong with me?

I've spent two years claiming to be an Atheist. (I'm 15, by the way). I didn't care at all when and how I'm going to die. About three months ago, I went to church and consider myself a Christian. For the past 3 months, I've been constantly thinking I'm going to be shot. As a kid, I was always scared I'm going to die soon, but that's just normal for a small child. Now, when I go out, I'm worried if I'm going to make it back home. Now, I'm trying to reassure myself that I'm going to be fine, but I still have these thoughts and dreams. Also, I feel as if I'm not living  my life the way I should. I'm scared someone is going to shoot me. I've had about 5 dreams of it. Also, a few weeks ago, someone from my school was shot and killed, so that made me worried I'm going to die young too. I have no enemies, I just keep having a vision of someone mistaking me for someone else, or being at the wrong place at the wrong time and being killed. Help me. Is this a phase? Is this likely that this is going to happen?

Hi Shakira. This probably is not the answer you want to hear, but that does not sound normal to me. It sounds like you have a case of schizophrenia. Schizophrenia is where you have paranoid and bizarre delusions, like yours of being killed. I would recommend setting up a appointment with a physiologist and see what they say, even consulting your family doctor might be a good idea. I hope you can over come this soon, I cant imagine what it would be like to live in fear. I wish you the best.

P.S.- You can read more on schizophrenia here-

Teenage Problems

Dalton Brannick

I can answer virtually any questions dealing with teen issues. As a teen myself, I have over come so many obstacles in my life to get to where I am today, a happy and successful place. I am 17 with my own business, a happy long lasting relationship, and a past that got me hear. I want to help other teens since I know what it is like to be one with problems.

Being a teenager helps. But other than that, I had many issues in school with bullying, both being the bully and the one being bullied, drugs, relationships, and being involved with the wrong people. It took many years but I am now in the best place I have ever been.

High school.