Teenage Problems/I'm Afraid No One Will Like Me

Question
I am 15-years-old in the 10th grade. I was born with Glaucoma in my right eye. My right eye is a little bigger than the other and it's a little lazy. All throughout my elementary and middle school years I have been made fun of for it. Before high school started, I transferred schools and have been wearing my hair over my right eye to cover it. People are starting to notice and question why I NEVER show my right eye. I feel like I should start showing it, but I'm afraid I'll get made fun of again. I told a few of my new friends, and they didn't seem to care. I'm afraid I'll be looked at as a freak of nature again. I've also been told my right eye isn't as noticeable and bad as it used to be. What should I do?  
(PS: I know a girl in my school with one HAND, and no one makes fun of her, but for some reason, I feel like a deformed, paranoid freak.)

Answer
Hi Shakira, sorry for the delay in response, never got a notification of a new question.
But to me it sounds like living your life and being you is going to be your best solution. I can understand why you would be hesitant of showing your full self, but being yourself is what makes people like you. If people want to pick on you about it, blow it off. You know why? Because they are insecure about themselves so they have to pick on someone else to feel good about themselves. Keep that in mind if your being picked on. Its not because you have something different about you, its because in order for them to feel good, they have to lash out at others. Just let it roll off your shoulders and move on. The people who accept it and still want to be your friend, those are the people you need to surround yourself with. Those are your true friends and that's all that matters. Everybody has something different about them, its just a matter of facing it, acknowledging it, and letting it be and being yourself without caring what others think about you. Once you can do that, is when you will truly be happy.

Hope this helps :)

Teenage Problems

Dalton Brannick