Teenage Problems/Bullying and self harm

Question
I'm 13 years old and one of the 'popular' girls are calling me in school, I get so angry that i either cry or hurt myself. I'm not the type of girl who confronts people about things because I'm scared of being battered again like I have been before when I was 8.  Today I pierced my finger with a pen and made myself bleed for about 2 hours. It hurts really bad but it's the only way I can get my anger out, last year I tried of pierce holes in my neck with a banana clip but my mum caught me. I'm not the type of person who likes to talk about these things, what should I do?

Answer
Well for one it take a mature person to step up and say I have a problem. Just by admitting that you know your doing something you shouldn't is a huge step forward to working these problems out. Well the first thing I would advice you to do is stop hanging around this popular girl. If you have a class with her the unfortunately that may be hard to do but if you don't need to be around her don't. The next thing I advise you to do is try to find an adult that you trust to open up to. There are counselers who are trained to help kids. Like you I these situations. Finally I would try to seek out new friends who accept you for who you are. Just being around true friends can help a lot because if they see you are feeling down they will try to help you out.

I know bullying is a terrible thing I was bullied Asa kid myself although I never found that hurting myself was the way out because I had friends who helped me sort things out and keep me happy. I also slaughtered out help from our schools counseler and they were able to move me out of the class I had with my bully and into ones with my friends.  

Teenage Problems

Steven