Teenage Problems/school

so im in year 10 and ive left school,but not because i wanted to,my aunty doesnt want me to go back to my 0ld school because she does'nt like because she says they have to much attitude but i dont understand why i have to move school because of that,they are one of the best schools in london.My biggest issue is im missing all my tests that go towards my gcses in year 11.My friends have tried to give me advice but none of them really no what am going through,i dont no what to do, iv tried talking to her but she doesnt listen,she says if i go back to my old school then i have to go and live with my uncle and i only just moved out from his because we argued to much,i just wanna give up but i know if i do am not going to have an education and i dont want that.

Hi Diane,
Thank you for writing to me.  I completely understand your dilemma. Let's try to figure out this together.  You see, the entire issue is about you.  The first and foremost thing that I want from you is for you to not give up.  Your education is very important to you and your future.  Try to sit with your Aunty when she is in a nice mood.  You do not want to argue with her you just want her to listen to you.  That is one of the hardest things to get adults to do when they think that they know what is best for our youth.  Just say to her that you really don't want to move back in with your Uncle because the arguments in which the two of you were having was really interfering with your education.  Explain that the problem was not with your school.  Explain that you are about to take some very important testing in which you have been studying for and if you have to change schools this late in your life you will fall way behind with a chance of not graduating on time.  Explain to her that no matter what attitudes the people at the other school have, it does not affect you and your grades.  Ask her to please give you a chance to prove yourself and if your grades begin to fall or you have a bad attitude with her in her house then you will go to the school that she has selected for you.  Tell her you are in one of the best schools and please don't let the other students mess up your life without giving you a chance.  All through life you are going to run into people with attitudes.  

If you were on a job and the people had attitudes, would you have to quit your job?  Other people should not dictate how you will handle your life and the people in it.  This is just a small part of diversity in the school and workplace.  Ask your Aunty that if she has faith and trust in you, you can prove to her that you can continue at that school and do good work.  What happens if you attend the school your Aunty wants you to attend and the children and faculty has attitudes, do you change to another school until you have changed so many schools that there are none left for you to attend and you still do not graduate?  It is not fair. Please Ask you Aunty to give you a chance to prove yourself and not hold other peoples attitudes against you.  Your Aunty can write me if she would like.

Please feel free to write me and let me know what happens or if you have any other questions.

Dr. Shirley  

Teenage Problems

Dr. Shirley M Lee

I can answer questions relating to youth that are on probation, arrested, has anger management issues, lack of impulse control, problems in school and substance abuse issues. Additionally, I can answer questions about youth with sex issues, domestic violence, child abuse, child sex abuse, as the abuser and the one that has been abused, parent abuse, physical, mental and psychological abuse. I answer questions about marriage and divorce. I can't answer questions about medication that has been ordered by a psychiatrist and it's side affects or should you stop taking it. I can answer the question as to what reason the medication was ordered.

I have been providing care, guidance, and social services for children, adolescents, and their families for 32plus years. I work with young people who struggle with behavioral problems and issues at home and school. I assist our youth in developing healthy living habits and motivate them to become productive citizens. In addition, I work with the parents and families to motivate and encourage strengthening the family. I have worked with families that have been homeless, in poverty, peer pressure, and bullying. I currently counsel with youth that are on probation for battery, domestic violence, petit and petite theft, substance substance abuse and sex offenders. I also speak with their teachers and go into the homes and schools. I am a mentor to all these children and their parents. When help is needed beyond my expertise I will suggest where to take the child to receive the proper services.

Published 6 books and were sold at the Christian Book Store for one year.

Ph.d in Sacred Religious Counseling; Ph.d in Counseling Psychology; MA in Public Administration; BA in Paralegal; Clinically Certified Domestic Violence Counselor; CFARS (CHILDREN'S FUNCTIONAL ASSESSMENT RATING SCALE); and for adults the FARS (FUNCTIONAL ASSESSMENT RATING SCALE. I am also a Licensed Clinical Pastoral Counselor.

Biblical Studies with highest Honors. Magna Cum laude.

In the past I worked for two different agencies as a Case Manager, a Therapist and a Counselor for the youth. I worked under the leadership of the two agencies as an independent contractor. 3 years ago I began working my own business, which has been in existence since 2002 in counseling. Presently I am working with youth that are on probation and is court ordered to take an anger management and/or impulse control class with me. I am also registered with the county to perform marriage counseling and weddings.