Teenage Problems/Voice

Hi. Im a guy and I'm almost 15 years old. My voice hasn't changed yet and I probably have the highest pitched voice in my grade. My friends and classmates never really noticed until their voices changed and mine didn't. I came to high school this year, and surrounded by a lot of new peers, people started making fun of my voice and making assumptions that I'm homosexual. Two or three classmates even asked me if I was gay. (Which I am 100% not.) I don't know what to do. I am embarrassed to talk to my parents about it and I can't really talk to my friends because it seems like they are starting to ignore me. They don't want to be seen around with 'the guy with the squeaky voice'. Should I see a doctor about my voice? What should I do?

Well this is a common area that cause teasing and to some extent bullying as you said it makes kids think your different and might be gay. However first even kids with the deepest voices can be gay and that is a stereotype that I would love to see disappear along with all homosexual stereotypes. Now back to your question well yes it is a little unusual that you or your friends or family haven't noticed a change in your voice but you personally can rarely notice your voice changing unless it cracks in which case that is an obvious sign. Because you hear your voice all the time you rarely notice a small change in the pitch of your voice and this goes for close friends and family as they are with you too much to notice the little changes. Your voice could be changing right now but very slowly or it may not have started yet which is also normal but on the late end of the stages if puberty.

If you haven't noticed a change in your voice or have noticed any of the big signs of puberty at this stage then you may have a condition where puberty is delayed or worse case scenario your brain doesn't have the proper connections to initiate puberty then this is a medical issue and you need to see your doctor. Your doctor can prescribe a medicine that kick starts puberty but is only prescribed to a severe case. If it is that your body isn't developing as fast as everyone else's then thus is normal and you will just have to wait for your voice to change naturally. A good sign that your voice is changing or is going to change soon is if you notice your Adam's apple developing. That's the little bump you see on grown men's neck.

You should try to talk to your parents about these things as they have gone through it themselves and know what to expect and also genealogy says that the way your parents developed ie were they late bloomers or early bloomers will determine if you will begin to develop later in life. They are there to help you through these issues. Now if you truly can't talk to them for whatever reason I am mores then happy to sit down and discuss all the issues of puberty and growing up with you one on one via email and you can ask me any and all questions. Please feel free to email me about anything your not sure of or are just simply curious about.

Teenage Problems

Since I am a teen just like you I have either gone through or helped people through mostly every type of teen issues. I can answer any kind of question dealing with puberty, sexuality, emotions, and issues with you parents. If I don't know the answer to a question you have I will research it until I have a good answer to your problem. I am not that great at answering religious or relational problems but I am willing to work with you until any question is solved. I am a teen just like you so I know what you are going through and I am always willing to work with you through these troubling times. I check my email daily and I am willing to spend as long as it takes to help you work through your problem and make you feel better. I love to help people out no matter the issue or time of day. I understand that you want an honest answer without being judged by someone just because you are going through some tough times. If you prefer to talk one on one more privately please feel free to ask me to do so and I will be happy to chat with you via email or some other form or private messaging. I know that some questions and concerns are a little more personal then you want to allow to be public.

I know exactly what it is like to go through high school. I am a Christian who wants to be a scientist so my views on religion are not one sided. I enjoy helping anyone in need and will try to the best of my abilities to make you feel better in any way I can. I have two loving parents but we have our issues. I have ADHD that has made me struggle to get to where I am today but it was worth it.

I am a member if my local chapters of Golden Key and Sigma Alpha Pi both of which are honor societies who select students in the top ten percent of their class to join.

I am attending college full time and will be focusing my studies towards becoming a chemist. I have extensive knowledge of teen life, since I am still a teen. I love to help people no matter what the situation is so please feel free to ask me anything. However I am best at answering questions dealing with life as a teen including sex, puberty and your body.

I have been on the deans list for my college for my entire time in college and am currently holding a very high GPA.

I would never share the names or information of any of my past or current questioners that I help. All questioners who want to remain private will remain private.