Teenage Problems/16 yr old girl harassing me

Question
I'm being harassed by a 16-year-old girl for dates; she lives on my estate and I always see her on the way to work as we use the same footpath (the only way to the railway station that's quick for me; I know she goes the local college as her parents were at a family party of ours once, since they live locally). She harasses me sexually, and I'm getting sick of it.
I went to her parents, who live down the road from me, and told them what went on, they were shocked but were pleased I had the sense to report it to them. They said "at least you're not some older man who wants what he can get out of a 16 year old, you've done the right thing being concerned about her welfare; you're a decent lad, you can fix bathrooms and other things pretty well, and you're good to old people, so you're not some sleazebag, we think it's some sort of crush she's got, yes, she's of legal age, but morally, it's wrong what she's doing".
I've always firmly told her "NO", and that NO means NO, but she will not accept that. Her parents agreed with me that I've tried as hard as I can.

To avoid sexual harassment accusations, I've kept conversation to a minimum, and changed my route, but she somehow still manages to find me.

I live at home with my parents here in the Midlands, can't afford to move out yet, too expensive.

Despite that, she's still harassing me, even managing to follow me around the local area.

I would never follow a girl,as it's just not acceptable and my relationships have come from friendships anyway.

This girl's even sent Mars bars, liquorice and Diet Coke vanilla to my door in an attempt to win me over but I've refused to consume them, for obvious reasons.

Does she have erotomania or something like that, and what should I do next?
How would you handle this?

Answer
Hi Steve,

It seems like this girl really likes you. I would speak to her parents again and express even more of how inappropriate her behavior is. I would let them know that if her behavior continues then you'll have no choice but to notify the police and get a restraining order against her. I know it sounds harsh, but it's for your protection.

What if this girl goes bonanza and claims that you've done something sexual to her? Then you're in trouble. It's best that you protect yourself and go to her parents again. Record your conversation with them if possible. Then if the harassing continues then I would go to the police.

Your situation reminds me of the movie, "The Crush." It's the same situation you're in. Definitely go to her parents again and if the situation persists then I would go to the police. You don't want to give her any chance to put you in a situation you don't want to be in; especially since she's a young female. Because you are rejecting her, she might get desperate and do something outrageous. Remember, this is for your protection.

Teenage Problems

Scarlet Murdock