Teenage Problems/Help! asap

Question
So I'm a senior in high school, I'm seventeen and I'm pregnant. I live in Wisconsin. I currently live with my parents and they are not positive or supportive of my pregnancy. Now I've been doing some research but have been getting unclear answers. Is it legal for me to move out at the age of seventeen if I have a stable and welcoming home to go to? please answer asap. thank you!

Answer
Hi Mackenzie,

It is unfortunate that your parents are not helpful. I understand you wish to have this child and that is pleasing to God even if it is not to your parents. If your parents do not become supportive I suggest you contact the nearest Roman Catholic Church and ask to speak to a priest. I am certain you will be helped. Is it legal to move out of your parents home? Laws vary from state to state but there could be what is called a "gentleman's agreement" between your parents and the stable welcoming home you want to go to. Your parents are bound by law to provide a home for you until you are 21 or until you finish college. They are required by law to provide for your medical care, your clothing, food, shelter, etc. They cannot order you to leave since they are required to support you by law. If you have a stable welcoming home to go to and if your parents agree, and as a manner of courtesy they should provide the stable welcoming home with financial assistance to whoever you plan to live with. You may want to live with grandparents or an uncle and aunt or other relative.
Your parents are understandably upset that their daughter is pregnant and unmarried. they will get over it. In todays world too many people are railroaded into ending a pregnancy. But a child has been conceived and at conception that child is given a soul by God. In the past the catholic church has helped pregnant teenagers by having them attend school during their pregnancy and give them time to reflect upon what they wish to do. I had a relative whose daughter became pregnant and her father said she did not have to marry the guy who was a "bum", He told her to have the child and they would help her and they would help raise the child. Your parents may not be like them. I urge you to ask God  for help and put everything in his hands. He will help you for sure. If you are not now a church goer then you need to become one. Feel free to ask a followup question.  

Teenage Problems

Jonathan