Teenage Problems/My mom is 54 years old and as bad abnormally mean latley

Question
Hi Y'all. I'm 19 years old, and the holiday is here, and my mom's been extremely mean lately. Like for an example, I am home from University of Connecticut, and I walk in the house, and she doesn't greet me with open arms or anything! She just glares at me and says roughly, hi. She's been like this the whole holiday season which is like 1 or 2 months now! She just glares at you and literally screams at you even if you make one little mistake, for example, I took one of her special cookies without asking, and she literally went insane. She took the cookie, smashed it on the floor and started screaming at me when my grandmother was sleeping. (She lives with us and is 90 years old). The day after christmas, I put the ornament in the box a little to hard, i mean it didint break or anything, and she had a fit like a little three year old! Y'all see where im going here. My point is, she never acted like this before around the holiday season, and she dosent seem stressed. She is just wicked mad for some reason. Whats wrong with her? Is it women stuff like menopause? Please answer so i can find out what the heck is wrong with her.

Answer
Hi Patrick,

Unfortunately I can't tell you exactly what's wrong with your mom.  No one can. The only person who can answer that question is your mom. Honestly I think you should sit your mom down and talk to her. That's the only way you'll find out what is wrong with her. Take her out to dinner some place where she can't make a scene and talk to her. Tell her you're worried about her and you'd like to talk about it. Hopefully she'll open up about it.

Teenage Problems

Scarlet Murdock