Teenage Problems/I Think My Friend Is Running or Just Ran Away

Question
I don't know what to do. My friend she texted me talking about running away this very instance. She has a habit of lying so I don't know weather or not to believe her. It's winter here and extremely cold, below zero. She dosent have money, clothes or anything. We live in a small town with an almost hour drive to the closest city. What should I do? My other friend says not to believe her because  she lies but what is she's not? She's 16.

Answer
Tell her running away if far worse than staying put. Practically every kid who runs away ends up being victimized by pimps who are only interested in using them to make money for them. Invite your friend to come to your house instead and ask your parent(s) to let her stay with you. A 16 year old has little or no skills and no source of income. Besides, her parent(s) is legally obligated to provide a home, food , shelter, clothing, medical care for her until she is 21 or even age 26 under the law. No parent can tell a child to leave.

Teenage Problems

Jonathan