Teenage Problems/Could I get into trouble?

Question
This is going to sound really selfish but. My friend she doesn't always make the best choses, which caused many problems. She has posted I don't even know how much pornography. A boy probably raped her, not sure though, you would have to hear the whole story to understand. He later threatened to kill her if she didn't get money from her. She is not mature so, of course didn't take the situation seriously. Later he threatened to come to our school put a gun to her head and take her. There's a lot more to the story but it doesn't matter anymore. She says she's dealt with but I don't know. She already almost gave me a panic attach saying she was going to cut or kill herself (later I found out because of this message, and her boyfriend, she was worried he was going to be beat up, because he stood up for his friend who was being threatened by a hunting knife at school). Will I get in trouble for not reporting this? Please have answer none of my questions have been answered. Also on the weekend she was outside which wasn't smart since she had no where to go. I would have offered for her to come to my house, but she's not allowed. I live in Canada so it's really cold. A cop came up to her and talked to her. He said to her that he could take her to his house so she could get warmed up than he'd drive her home. It seemed creepy. But of course she makes a joke and doesn't take the situation seriously. He probably would have done nothing but still she doesn't take anything seriously. Please answer my questions. No one else could. I recently turned sixteen and so did my friend. I was fifteen when most of this happened. I also don't want to mess with the situation because she is my friend and one of the few people I trust.

Answer
I apologize for late response, I was on vacation and no internet access.  You should report this to the school and also to the police.  It does not matter what your friend thinks of you for reporting it.  This person could harm more people than just her and for him to threaten her by extorting money, is a clear indicator that he will continue to harass her until she does what he wants.  I do not know the entire story and really do not need to.  Report it to the school immediately and also to the police.  I would not be worried about getting in trouble for not reporting it, I would be worried about innocent lives being lost for not reporting it.

Teenage Problems

Diana Dickinson