Teenage Problems/help?

Question
I just recently told my best friend that i am depressed and have selfharmed. She took it very well and said that she would always be there for me and so on. But since i told her she has been complaining all the time. sometimes she complains about how boys dont like her and how she isnt pretty, other times about how her parents are mean to her, or that she feels like she has no friends. i dont really know if she is just going through a faze or if it had something to do with me telling her about my depression. if you wouldnt mind i would love for you to give me your opinion about this. thank you for your time :)

Answer
Hi Hanna,

It's hard to tell whether or not she's saying these things just because you told her that you're depressed and have self harmed. I think you should ask her. Maybe she doesn't want to talk about any good news around you because you're depressed. But I think you need someone by your side who will lift your spirits. I would definitely ask her in order to get a definite answer. The last thing you need is to hear depressed news when you're depressed yourself.

I'm not sure what's going on with you, but harming yourself isn't the answer because at the end of the day you'll still be depressed only you'll have scars right along with it. That doesn't help. I would suggest talking to someone about your issues so that you no longer harm yourself. I know that wasn't your question, but I felt the need to address it because I don't want you harming yourself. That's never the answer. Good luck Hanna.

Scarlet

Teenage Problems

Scarlet Murdock