Teenage Problems/problems with my moms boyfriend

My mom has a new boyfriend and I don't like him. He tries to be my boss and says that I have to listen to him because he says he is the " man of the house". He used to be a big drugie and stil does drugs while living in a house with a 14 year old, that's me, and a 6 year old, my sister. Me and my mom used to spend soo much together now we hardly even talk because of him. Everytime me and him get in a fight she jumps down my throte and says I am going to push her over the edge. I havent had a dad my whole life and i dont like him trying to be my dad. I love that my mom is happy but i am not. I dont want to ruin this for her so what do i do?!?

Hi Mary,

How long has your mom been with this guy now??

He has no right to tell you what to do. And he has no right to come into your house where you and your baby sister is demanding that you should respect him. Plus, he isn't your dad and he's got no rights over you.=. And the fact that he is a drug user just makes matters worse as you never know when he's going to explode at you. His drug use is affecting his mind and I don't know why your mom accepts this. Maybe she's a little scared of him, I don't know.

Does he treat her well??

My advice to you is to get your mom on her own, when he isn't in the house, and have a calm chat with her. Because at the moment all the fighting you and he are having is not getting the message across to your mom about how bad he is making you feel, she probably is at the end of her tether and doesn't know how to resolve this between you and this guy.

So what you need to do Mary is sit down, alone, with your mom and explain to her, without swearing or raising your voice, just how upset he is making you. Get her to listen. Sadly Mary, sometimes kids your age have to be the 'adult' at times.

Do you think that this is something you could do?

If you want me to help and give you some skills to use to express your feelings about this guy to your mom, I am happy to do that.

I've done this with other teenagers that have written in to me, and it does have good or better  results.

You and your mom used to be really close, so do you think that she will be able to have a private one and one chat with you?? You know your mom best Mary, so start thinking about how you can approach her and talk to her. You will need to listen to her point of view as well so it's a case of telling her your feelings and listening to her feelings. It may take several attempts to get your mom back to how it was but this is the best way to start.

You can write in to me again with your thoughts on what I have suggested and I'll work with you and support you until it gets sorted. How does that sound??

Here's a saying for you:

"If there's a problem, then there is a solution. If there is no solution then it's not a problem"

So that means that there is a solution to this because it IS a problem and I can work through it with you.

I'm here any time.

Caroline :)  

Teenage Problems

Caroline West

Hi.I can answer really all questions regarding to any problems that you are facing at the moment. You can write to me with any concerns you may be having around relationships, friends, boyfiends, girlfriends, sex, losing your virginity - I can answer any worries and doubts you may have. If you are feeling Depressed or Angry and you don't know why, I can help. Plus If you are feeling a bit lost and out of place, talk to me. Is there stuff going on at home that's causing you hurt? Are you having problems with your parents? - I'll help you. Anything as well to do with the Emotions I understand. If you are feeling like you are not coping and/or your school work is suffering, we can talk that through. Are you suffereing from bullying, cyber-bullying? I'll help. Religion, where you may be questioning your Spirituality. Drug and Alcohol problems and questions, if you're worried it's getting out of control or perhaps a friend is going through issues. Whatever's going on around you or inside you, feel free to write in. I'm here to help anyone who's having a tough time and with some tough decisions to make. And if you have wandered off the path a bit, I'll help you get back on track :)

I had a tough time being a Teenager. I had suffered bullying, feeling alone. I was very rebellious too and I hung around with the wrong type of kids and started smoking and I got into Drugs before I was even 13. I lost my Virginity at the age of 14 which I now know is a precious thing. There was a lot going on with my home life and I felt very alone with Parent's that didn't understand me. I became very depressed and felt I had no one to turn to, I felt lost. I'm older now and have dealt with the things that went on and have a better life. So I do understand and I really am here to help anyone that writes in who wants a listening ear and support :)

Organizations which helps various causes all over the world.

I have schooling up to A Level, College Diplomas. But what I really have to offer here is valuable 'life experience' :)

I have returned to after a year long break. Before I left I had been with All Experts for over 3 years and worked in many categories ranging from Teenage Problems, Abusive Relationships to Drug/Substance Abuse and many more. I have just returned initially to help Teenagers out that are having problems.