Teenage Problems/sister

Question
My older sister (who's raised me ever since my mum left when I was 4) has gotten the bloody silly idea in her head to ban me from wearing black since I might "start cutting myself and worshiping Satan." Now, I have been depressed since my complete arse of a boyfriend dumped me, but I don't think that's any reason to ban a color! Do you think this is fair? (I'm 15, btw my sis is 29 and has custody of me)

Answer
Hi Rose, I do not think its a question of "fairness" but a matter of your sisters concern and love for you. Yeah, there are kids who wear black because they want to embrace the "Goth" culture. And yeah, some wear black to imitate Satanic believers. And yeah, a whole lot of kids are into "cutting". I get one out of three questions from kids who are cutting. Thats really sad. I suggest you try to keep on good terms with your sister. Boyfriends come and go, so do not feel that losing one is of any great importance. Most people do not settle down with anyone they meet in high school anyway. At the moment your number one job is your academic schoolwork.  Its exactly like an adult that goes to work everyday.  Only your work is your schoolwork. If you need help then ask for it from your teachers. They are getting paid by people like your sister and the parents of other kids.  Your education is not free and these teachers are not in their job for free.  

Teenage Problems

Jonathan