Teenage Problems/Crushes

Hi doc, I'm in a tight squeeze. I have a crush on my sister's soon-to-be brother-in-law. Let's call him Kevin Only he is 21 and I'm 14. Help, I don't know what to do, my mom isn't much help. The wedding is next month and since we're both in the wedding, we walk down the aisle together. I honestly don't look my age, I am fully developed and I have big boobs for a 14 year old. Kevin and I are friends on Facebook, but the last time I saw him was over a year ago and I didn't say 3 words to him. Could it be possible that he remembers me? Also, I saw his twitter and he tweets a lot about drinking, getting high, women and a lot swearing and sexually suggestive things. And on his Facebook, there are some pictures that if you saw, you would think he was gay if it wasn't for the fact that I knew he had a girlfriend. If I tell my sister, she'll laugh and call me a crazy psychopathic obsessed loser and if I try to talk about it to my mom, I might die of embarrassment. Please get back to me as soon as you can, the wedding is in 28 days :(

Hi Celeste,
Thank you for writing to me. You should not be a facebook friend to "Kevin". He is too old for you and hopefully too experienced.  The things in which you described on his facebook page, he is not thinking about you, especially in a good, wholesome way.  Continue to treat him in the respectful manner in which your mother raised you. You are in the wedding and your sister is counting on you.

You will have a lot of crushes in your growing experiences. One day you will look back and wonder what you were thinking. As you stated, it is only a crush. You have not indicated that he has encouraged you in any way. You are too young for him and from the way his facebook reads, you are not ready physically or mentally for him.

If he has not encouraged you in any way, forget that crush. However, if he has approached, encouraged, or insinuated that he in interested in you in any way, tell your mother or sister immediately.

Please  feel free to write me again.

Dr. Lee

Teenage Problems

Dr. Shirley M Lee

I can answer questions relating to youth that are on probation, arrested, has anger management issues, lack of impulse control, problems in school and substance abuse issues. Additionally, I can answer questions about youth with sex issues, domestic violence, child abuse, child sex abuse, as the abuser and the one that has been abused, parent abuse, physical, mental and psychological abuse. I answer questions about marriage and divorce. I can't answer questions about medication that has been ordered by a psychiatrist and it's side affects or should you stop taking it. I can answer the question as to what reason the medication was ordered.

I have been providing care, guidance, and social services for children, adolescents, and their families for 32plus years. I work with young people who struggle with behavioral problems and issues at home and school. I assist our youth in developing healthy living habits and motivate them to become productive citizens. In addition, I work with the parents and families to motivate and encourage strengthening the family. I have worked with families that have been homeless, in poverty, peer pressure, and bullying. I currently counsel with youth that are on probation for battery, domestic violence, petit and petite theft, substance substance abuse and sex offenders. I also speak with their teachers and go into the homes and schools. I am a mentor to all these children and their parents. When help is needed beyond my expertise I will suggest where to take the child to receive the proper services.

Published 6 books and were sold at the Christian Book Store for one year.

Ph.d in Sacred Religious Counseling; Ph.d in Counseling Psychology; MA in Public Administration; BA in Paralegal; Clinically Certified Domestic Violence Counselor; CFARS (CHILDREN'S FUNCTIONAL ASSESSMENT RATING SCALE); and for adults the FARS (FUNCTIONAL ASSESSMENT RATING SCALE. I am also a Licensed Clinical Pastoral Counselor.

Biblical Studies with highest Honors. Magna Cum laude.

In the past I worked for two different agencies as a Case Manager, a Therapist and a Counselor for the youth. I worked under the leadership of the two agencies as an independent contractor. 3 years ago I began working my own business, which has been in existence since 2002 in counseling. Presently I am working with youth that are on probation and is court ordered to take an anger management and/or impulse control class with me. I am also registered with the county to perform marriage counseling and weddings.