Teenage Problems/Boys

Question
I'm a 16 year old girl in year 11 and I currently like this boy who's 14 and in year 9. Iv started to notice that all the boys I've ever liked and dated are all younger than me. Iv told my friends and they say to me try and find an older boy but I really can't find one I like. I also dated a boy in year 10 and some of my friends said he was like a toy boy because he was 15.. So I'm just wondering if it's a bad thing to like and date a boy younger than me? (serious answers please)

Answer
Hi Emma,
Thank you for writing to me.  You are only 16 years old.  It is all right for you to be attracted to boys that are younger than you.  However, you must realize that when you turn 18 years old you are considered an adult. At that time, it is not all right for you to date a minor which is under the age of 18.  Do not let your friends dictate your boy friends or their ages. I hope you find one that you like and can relate to.  I will tell you, do not look so hard for a boy of any age, just be yourself and he will find you.

Respectfully,
Dr. Lee  

Teenage Problems

Dr. Shirley M Lee