Teenage Problems/Family Problems Help!

I live with my mom, stepdad and little brothers. Me and my stepdad have never really gotten on from day one. I find that he is always out to get me and try and make me unhappy, however no matter how much I say it doesn't change. Mom on the other hand doesn't help she always sticks up for him and I never really speak to her or open up to her.  Some days I wish I had a different mom and stepfather or even believe that I hate them. Anyway we have moved into a house which is 200 years old and recently there has been some strange signs. For example, light switching, weird noises and paranormal phenomena. Recently a lot of items have been disappearing and reappearing and everyone seems to think its me. No matter how much I tell them I'm innocent, they never seem to believe me! The thing is I have a history of telling little white lies so I think it maybe because of that, but I am completely over my childish ways now and there's just no way to prove to them. They hate me! :( I wish I had a different mom and stepdad! They always seem to wish ( well mention) that I should live with my dad!

Hi Rosie,
Thanks for writing to me. I empathize with you.  Your mom does not hate you. As a matter of fact, no one in your family hates you. I understand that you have not been truthful about certain things, but they still do not have the right to blame you if they did not see you do anything.The reason they don't want to believe you is because it is so much easier to blame someone who had a history of lying, than to really know there are strange things happening.  If they agree that you are not doing these things or moving things and putting them back, they will have to do some other things to find out what is going on in the house.  In order to do the later, it will cause them money.

Please don't ever want to move away from your mother.  You only get one mother and she is it.  Your mother is placed in a awkward situation.  All parents that marry someone other than the children's father or mother and create a step dad or a step mom have the problem of keeping a balance between the family.  You mother thinks she has to agree with your stepfather in order to keep peace with him.  She also has an obligation to side with you as her daughter.  

You don't have anything to prove. Once you told them that the whole thing was not you and they don't believe you, there is nothing you can do. Trust me when I tell you, sooner or later the truth is going to come out. Just continue to deny what you didn't do and accept what you did.

If you need to write me again, please feel free.

Dr. Lee

Teenage Problems

Dr. Shirley M Lee

I can answer questions relating to youth that are on probation, arrested, has anger management issues, lack of impulse control, problems in school and substance abuse issues. Additionally, I can answer questions about youth with sex issues, domestic violence, child abuse, child sex abuse, as the abuser and the one that has been abused, parent abuse, physical, mental and psychological abuse. I answer questions about marriage and divorce. I can't answer questions about medication that has been ordered by a psychiatrist and it's side affects or should you stop taking it. I can answer the question as to what reason the medication was ordered.

I have been providing care, guidance, and social services for children, adolescents, and their families for 32plus years. I work with young people who struggle with behavioral problems and issues at home and school. I assist our youth in developing healthy living habits and motivate them to become productive citizens. In addition, I work with the parents and families to motivate and encourage strengthening the family. I have worked with families that have been homeless, in poverty, peer pressure, and bullying. I currently counsel with youth that are on probation for battery, domestic violence, petit and petite theft, substance substance abuse and sex offenders. I also speak with their teachers and go into the homes and schools. I am a mentor to all these children and their parents. When help is needed beyond my expertise I will suggest where to take the child to receive the proper services.

Published 6 books and were sold at the Christian Book Store for one year.

Ph.d in Sacred Religious Counseling; Ph.d in Counseling Psychology; MA in Public Administration; BA in Paralegal; Clinically Certified Domestic Violence Counselor; CFARS (CHILDREN'S FUNCTIONAL ASSESSMENT RATING SCALE); and for adults the FARS (FUNCTIONAL ASSESSMENT RATING SCALE. I am also a Licensed Clinical Pastoral Counselor.

Biblical Studies with highest Honors. Magna Cum laude.

In the past I worked for two different agencies as a Case Manager, a Therapist and a Counselor for the youth. I worked under the leadership of the two agencies as an independent contractor. 3 years ago I began working my own business, which has been in existence since 2002 in counseling. Presently I am working with youth that are on probation and is court ordered to take an anger management and/or impulse control class with me. I am also registered with the county to perform marriage counseling and weddings.