Teenage Problems/Is it wrong?

Question
Hi Pastor!

I'm a 16 year old girl, and I've been struggling with my sexuality for the past few years. I've roughly come to the conclusion that I definitely do like girls. However, I'm a Christian, and I firmly believe homosexuality is wrong. I don't intend to get into relationships with girls or anything, but I am attracted to them, and I do have feelings for some. Are feelings themselves wrong, even though I'm not actually dating a girl or anything?

Answer
Hi Ellie,

Thank you for this great question.  Everyone has carnal desires of one form or another.  Some are drawn physically to someone who is married or out of bounds for one reason or another.  The key is to recognize that these desires must be never acted upon.   The more you yield to them, dwell on them, or cultivate them, the stronger they will become.  The more you ignore them, the weaker they become.

Galatians 5:17 (AV)
17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

1 Peter 2:11 (AV)
11 Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul;

You do not have to be attracted to men... some people are given the gift of being single... they do not need to be married... but do not mistake the gift of singleness for the curse of homosexuality.

I hope this helps you.

In Christ
Pastor DOn

Teenage Problems

Pastor Don Carpenter