Teenage Problems/Hurting and Forgiving

Question
I have a friend and he doesn't like to trust people. So when we became close it meant a lot to me that he trusted me. Well he likes this girl and she likes him. He didnt want me to get close to the girl however because he didn't want me to say something that could make him seem vulnerable or anything, however he said who am I to tell you who you can and can't be friends with? Anyways, I ended up telling the girl he liked her and then i told my guy friend. He was so upset with me. He knew I had good intentions, and I did. I wanted the two to go out so they could be happy. He deserves someone to make him happy, but I crossed the line. He told me not to tell a single person and of all the people I tell, I tell the girl he likes. I hate myself. I literally do. I wish he would understand how torn up I am about this. I wish he could forgive me, but he said he didn't know when he would. Why did I do this though? I didn't have any intentions of hurting him... He's a great friend. Maybe I'm not the good friend here? Maybe I'm the one that doesn't deserve a friend like him. What do you think? He's been there for me when I've gone through my anxiety attacks and when I discussed suicide (which I will not do, I've just thought it). He hates when I degrade myself because Im too hard on myself. So do I really Deserve a friend like that when I've hurt him so much by doing this one thing? I apologize if I'm rambling, but i wanted to hear someone else's opinion besides a peer. It also hurts me because I've given him a reason to distrust me and I hate that. I want him to forgive me because I can't forgive myself until he's forgiven me. It's just part of my character. Thank you for listening and I anticipate your response. Sincerely, Eric B.

Answer
Go to your friend and ask him to forgive you and that you thought it was to help him. He is hurting as well. He may want to forgive you but cannot yet do so. If you tell someone that you made an error in judgement and that you will do your best to not make such an error again and they still say they do not forgive you, then let it go. The chances are very good the person will forgive you. You may want to look up a famous chapter in the New American Standard Version of the Holy Bible, in the First Book of Corinthians, Chapter 13.  I suggest reading only the New American Standard Version since the language is very hard hitting at the person who reads it. Its about love. You will see one verse that reads ..."love does not take into account a wrong suffered"...  Guys love girls and girls love guys but guys also love one another even if they never say that to each other.

Teenage Problems

Jonathan