Teenage Problems/Is this punishment fair?

Question
My mom is making me go to bed early tonight (I'm supposed to be asleep right now. She says she'll spank me if she catches me up, but I don't believe her since she hasn't spanked me since I was six). She's punishing me because she says I threw a tantrum in the store today. I admit I MIGHT have raised my voice and I shouldn't have called her a bad word and I certainly shouldn't have thrown a shoe at her, but this punishment is so stupid! She says I'm cranky because I'm not getting enough sleep because I spend so much time reading vampire novels (but I just discovered Twilight, I can't help it if it's so awesome). Do you think it's fair to put me to bed early? I'm 13 for God's sake! (If you're wondering the tantrum was becuz I wanted these cute shoes and she wouldn't buy them for me so I threw them at her)

Answer
Dear Alyssa,

No, throwing a shoe at your mom is not alright. You should apologize to her. You need your mom and you love her, don't you??

I know twilight is great, even I had that phase. But it will pass, also you are being hormonal. Your hormones are taking over you and making you behave like this. Teenage is a wild phase, everything that happens to you will seem unfair but you need to learn how to rationalize with things.

So I suggest you just sort things out with your mom and try to stay calm.

Hope my reply helps.
Monsoon.

Teenage Problems

Monsoon