Teenage Problems/my boyfriend have strong feelings?

Question
how do u know if a guy loves you? we have good conversations, always grabs my hand, kisses/hugs me, he does say he loves me, when im sad he always cheers me up and says he will always be there for me when i need help,he said he does care about me, he looks at me in a different way and sees how i interact with his family when im talking with them, he pulls me my chair in when we are eating when im sitting down, and he kept the birthday card i gave him and kept the gift bag but no one elses only mine

Answer
Hi there Maria,

Thank you for taking the time to write to me and I hope that I can help.

To answer your question, love is personal to the person being loved and what one person may see as being just something that you do as part of a relationship out of respect, another may see as a sign of love and friendship. Love is not something that is the same for every person and therefore, it is not something that you can say 'this means he loves me', you can only really add everything up that is done and said and make a decision. If he is your friend first, your boyfriend second and someone that you trust never to hurt you...then chances are, he could be in love with you. There is no proper answer other than to look in to his eyes when he says he loves you and see if you genuinely, in your stomach, believe him and if you do...you have the answer to your question.

I hope that helps.  

Teenage Problems

Daryl Taylor, BSc (Hons) Psychology, PGDip (pending certification)