Teenage Problems/help ;)

Question
Hello. ok so my question is a bit long. ive even asked it to another expert but she couldnt give me advice bcs it wasnt her field. Anyway, since i read about you dealing with school stuff problems here i go :
ok, im in the second year of high school and next year i will be a senior. Finally! Then i will go to university. Last year i loved school. I mean really really loved it. we got the chance to meet new pals , study new things and it was the most beautiful year i think. Ah, Good memories :/ Anyway, this year school is making my life miserable. And this is thanks to my maths professor. He is at his 60s and still teaches :/. Well everytime he asks me to solve an exercise he keeps shouting and i hate loud noise. Im very sensitive too. So i get blocked and dont say a thing. I respect him too much but he still behaves like a crazy person. Everyone in the class complains about him. Last year our grades were perfect and im a good student too. if i dont study sth it remains in my mind and i cant sleep or do sth before doing homework. I ve never liked maths though but have always studied bcz ill need it in the future-said by my mom :P lol. However, l
ast year my math was a 9 but this year it will be an 8. and im really afraid bcz we need good grades in order to get a nice degree in unversity. Every time i solve an exercise& when i solve it in the right way he is like: clean it we will find another solution. ``the class  is like : but she did it. and the professor invents sth we have never learnt just to tell me i should have tried harder . i dont want to be a scientist :/! Lets not talk about our exams! He picks the most difficult exercises lets say 90 exercises we should learn in a week and then he puts only 8 0f them in the exam and 2 others made by him. These 2 others are if you want to get a 10. which you never get!. What really gets on my nerves is the fact that in our class there are people who dont study at all. but no... he is polite with them and tells them : ok ill help you. But with me, its like he hates me. We did an exam yesterday and he took 3 of the best students of our class in another class so that ``us-
the bad students`` could not copy. oh please :/ i had learnt by myself -.- ! I even have a friend. she used to take 5, 6 ,and some times 4. and she started a course. he has considered her as a good student even when she took 5, 6 s and now VOILA! She is the best student. i do every exercise at my home. okay! perhaps im not smart enough but at least i try. i cannot start a course bcz im in a private school and we already pay 300 dollars a year. im not a millionaire :/ I ve never taken a 6 though. last year i used to take 9,10 but this year i usually take 7,8,9. I know, math has become difficult but which is the problem? at least i try :/ so , as i said, i dont want my grades to be destroyed because of him. when im on the blackboard and dont solve an exercise the professor tells me: ``why do you keep looking at your friends for the solution? if u knew it you would do it`` i dont look at them for the solution bcz when i dont know sth i tell him i dont know. i get really distrac
ted and i get blocked when he talks. once a friend of mine told him: ``could you please stop shouting and let her talk she got distracted . she know the answer.`` he didnt say a word. i want a normal school & dont want to become a scientist.  and for that reason i want to leave this school. but im a senior and im afraid i will have to find new friends and adapt to a new environment. but i cant take it anymore. ive even come home crying for lots of weeks. Plus what i want to study doesnt involve maths. I want to study foreign languages. I know english german, italian, spanish, a little bit of russian and will start french classes soon. but my parents say this job doesnt provide a living. who cares? arent u supposed to do what makes u happy -.- Sorry for the long writing and perhaps it was a bit boring. Ok, sorry again :P But do you have any advice on this? everything would be helpful. i thank you again for finding the time and reading all this.
Thanks.
m."

Answer
Hi Makealemonade,

Thank you for writing to me.  I have read your letter several times before attempting to assist you.  There are a few things that are troubling.  You and the rest of the class could go to the leader of the school and explain the problem.  If that does not work, I would advise you to get your parents involved.  This is not your battle alone.  As a young adult, you have to remain in a young adults place.  I say that to say that when you have a problem with an adult you remain in a young adults place and your parent(s) pick up the battle.  I understand that you do not want to leave your school and you definitely do not want to fail.  For those reasons, you have to get your parents or an adult involved.  You should not have to leave the school in which you are attending.  Please do not allow one person, your math teacher, to dictate how your future will be.  It seems to me that you are doing all that you can.  I believe you when you said that if you did not know an answer, you would have been honest enough to say that.  It appears to me that this teacher is just calling on you to humiliate you even if you get the answer correct, he states that the class will find a different way to come to the answer.  If you feel that he is just picking on you, I would suggest that he does not call you to the board again.  This is something you can ask your parents and school officials to say to him.  I feel bad that you are having such a difficult time in a subject that you will need to graduate and a core subject to get into a university.  However, don't let this teacher make your life and your high school experience a difficult one.  And don't allow him to run you out of this school.  Let the adults fight for you and your rights.  

Respectfully,
Dr. Lee

Teenage Problems

Dr. Shirley M Lee