Teenage Problems/Questions?

Hi, i am Samirrah. I was just wondering why do you believe in God? That there is actually someone watching over us? I mean I grow up in a house where everyone believes there is a God. But i dont see a reason to believe in him if i cant see him. I mean come on all these bad things happen to such good people. All the hurt in the world, pain, neglect, hoe am i suppose to believe in him when he has not even given me a reason to. For all we know he can be a girl. I believe in the Science. We have evolved and became this way. There was always something here before us.
sorry if i am being rude or disrespectful to what you believe in i just dont understand how someone can believe in him/her when not one person has ever seen him/her.

Hi Samirrah

Thank you for this interesting question.  Let me ask you a question using your same logic... you know a house where everyone believes in God... but bad things happen to good people, you cant see God, therefore perhaps you don't believe in Him.  Do you believe in gravity?  You can't see it.  Many people who believe in gravity still fall, bad things happen because of gravity... planes crash, old people fall and break their hips... perhaps you shouldn't believe in gravity.  Now you say... that's silly... I can see the effects of gravity everyday.. and even though people fall..... without gravity, we would just fly off into space.

Now think of that with God... no you can't see Him, but you see His design in everything... yes bad things happen, but without God, nothing would happen... just because you do not like a Force in the universe does not mean you can will it out of existence.  Just look at creation and see the evidence of a grand designer.

Romans 1:20 (AV)
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

I hope that this helps you.

In Christ
Pastor Don  

Teenage Problems

Pastor Don Carpenter

I am a father of four and a Baptist Pastor. Before becoming a senior pastor, I was a youth pastor and worker for over 10 years. If you ask this volunteer a question, you will get the benifit of 20 + years experience in the ministry and the counsel of the Bible, God`s perfect book. Feel free to ask any Biblical or moral questions.

I have been involved in pastoral type counseling for 20+ years. Most of my experience has been with chemical addiction, crisis intervention, and some types of severe mental illness. I have some secular training in those areas as well as a Bible College degree.

Evangelical Baptist Church

Revival Baptist Chronicles
The Fundamental Baptist Voice

BS in Bible from Baptist Bible College in CLarks Summit PA
Various training seminars in, Co-occuring disorders, treatment of those who have been sexually abused, and Solution Focused Therapy.