Teenage Problems/College Help

I don't know exactly what kind of questions you answer but hopefully you can offer me some advice :) So I'm a 16 year old girl I'll be a Junior this fall & I'm homeschooled. My mom started doing in home child care when I was around 5 years old..  I went to public school until I was in 5th grade. My mom decided to home school me and my brothers because she decided we would get a better education. She continued doing daycare (she still does) so I'm around children everyday. I remember when I was young and I would play "school" with my little brothers and make up worksheets with them. In the summer when i was younger i would make up crafts and activities to do with the kids. Also when I first started home schooling I loved teaching the kids and I taught a few to write their names. When I was 12 my church was looking for someone to teach Sunday School for young preschoolers. I set up the years schedule and the lessons everyday on my own and I taught the kids. A few summers ago i worked at a day care center. I also babysit for many families almost everyday. My aunts and uncles with kids and parents i babysit for say how great i am with children and how well i am able to care for them. I've also been told many times that i should be a teacher. I'm defiantly a kid magnet, they all love me.. I was recently at a grad party and there was a few young children with nothing to do and i took them aside and colored with them and played. Afterwards, a lady told me that she knows a teacher when she sees one and she sees one in me. Last school year I made up my own preschool curriculum for the daycare children and did it with them. I started falling behind in school so I reminded myself that getting an education is more important. Now that I'm going into my Junior year the pressure is on everyone asking me what I plan to do with my life and what I will be going to college for. I'm smart, I get straight A's, but math I have a hard time. I have a dog and three rabbits and have recently gotten involved with animals and found out I love them, but I love children also. I pet sit for many people and I volunteered at our Humane Society a while ago.The reason I'm telling you all this is because I have no idea what to go to college for. I have considered going to school to be a vet-tech because I love animals but I don't think I would enjoy blood and surgery.. I don't know of any other careers with animals that intrigue me. Obviously I love teaching people, especially children. I would enjoy being a teacher or daycare provider. But I feel like I would be reliving my moms life and I grew up in a home daycare and I want a real career.I know my parents would love for me to have a good career like being a Vet but i don't know if I would really enjoy that but obviously I want a good career to make money because I would love to have a family of my own one day and if I went to school for child care I don't know what I would get paid.

Reading this over, all I talk about are kids and animals but I do other things and I have many friends if you are wondering :) Any advice on how to decide on what to go to college for would be awesome!

Well many people if not most people go into college with a somewhat narrow idea of what they want to do with their future. Many go into one program and find they don't like it and switch majors some switch several times. So go into college and start with getting your general education done. Most degrees and colleges have a general education requirement for graduation like core humanities, art, math, science, etc. start with these and maybe try a few classes I that are more major specific. Like education classes or vet courses. That will give you a taste of each of the jobs you think you may want to go into.

You could also try to find a job that combines the two. One Jon comes into mind a tour guide at a zoo or an aquarium. Like the people who go around the zoo and teach everyone about the animals. They are like vets and teachers. Never choose a job because it makes more money you never want to do something just for the money you'll be so unhappy that you decided to go for the money and not your passion.

I hope this helped. If you still want to get more advice about college feel free to ask a follow up question.  

Teenage Problems

Since I am a teen just like you I have either gone through or helped people through mostly every type of teen issues. I can answer any kind of question dealing with puberty, sexuality, emotions, and issues with you parents. If I don't know the answer to a question you have I will research it until I have a good answer to your problem. I am not that great at answering religious or relational problems but I am willing to work with you until any question is solved. I am a teen just like you so I know what you are going through and I am always willing to work with you through these troubling times. I check my email daily and I am willing to spend as long as it takes to help you work through your problem and make you feel better. I love to help people out no matter the issue or time of day. I understand that you want an honest answer without being judged by someone just because you are going through some tough times. If you prefer to talk one on one more privately please feel free to ask me to do so and I will be happy to chat with you via email or some other form or private messaging. I know that some questions and concerns are a little more personal then you want to allow to be public.

I know exactly what it is like to go through high school. I am a Christian who wants to be a scientist so my views on religion are not one sided. I enjoy helping anyone in need and will try to the best of my abilities to make you feel better in any way I can. I have two loving parents but we have our issues. I have ADHD that has made me struggle to get to where I am today but it was worth it.

I am a member if my local chapters of Golden Key and Sigma Alpha Pi both of which are honor societies who select students in the top ten percent of their class to join.

I am attending college full time and will be focusing my studies towards becoming a chemist. I have extensive knowledge of teen life, since I am still a teen. I love to help people no matter what the situation is so please feel free to ask me anything. However I am best at answering questions dealing with life as a teen including sex, puberty and your body.

I have been on the deans list for my college for my entire time in college and am currently holding a very high GPA.

I would never share the names or information of any of my past or current questioners that I help. All questioners who want to remain private will remain private.