Teenage Problems/help

Question
Hello i am at a crossroads on wether or not to move in with my dad. My parents got a divorce when i was nine im sixteen now. I want to move with him because it will keep me out of trouble and just be a better envorinment for me. But on the other hand i do not want to leave my mom or brothers and sister behind. So could you please give me some very helpful advice thank you.

Answer
Hi Allen

Thanks for this great question.  Since I know nothing of your mom or your dad, I can only give you some general suggestions on how to find wisdom in this situation.

1.  Ask God directly for guidance.

James 1:5 (AV)
5  If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

2. Ask your pastor or spiritual leader for guidance.

Hebrews 13:17 (AV)
17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

3. Get Godly counsel from folks you respect.

Proverbs 24:6 (AV)
6 For by wise counsel thou shalt make thy war: and in multitude of counsellors there is safety.

I hope that this helps you.

In Christ
Pastor Don

Teenage Problems

Pastor Don Carpenter