Teenage Problems/Threats

Question
What do I do? I broke up with my boyfriend because I was unhappy in the relationship, I ended it politely with no arguments or swearing. But then out of no-where he says "just to let you know, you're on the list. If I EVER go out to kill people, you will be one of them" "you're dead" "I'm going to kill you".
And he proceeded with abusive language saying I'm an evil fucking bitch and stuff like that which doesn't worry me as it's name calling. See what I'm worried about is that he's crazy. Absolutely mad, psycho, his last girlfriend when they broke up he stabbed all her items he had. I'm scared he'll do something he knows where I live and I don't know what to expect. People do know, as in family, but also don't know what actions should be took. Help?

Answer
Hi Jess, he sounds dangerous to me, especially since he made a verbal threat. I suggest you first let your parents know exactly what he threatened to do. They should take you to the local police so this can be made a record of. I would not be afraid of him. In the USA people have to get an "Order of Protection" which tells the person he cannot call you or come to where you live or come within 500 feet of you . If he does any of these things you can call the police and tell them you have an order of protection against this person and he has approached you or called you or shown up where you live. He is then subject to arrest. He will be served with the Order of Protection (it probably has a different name in the UK).  In the USA you have to keep a copy of the Order of Protection on you at all times. If you are in a public place or in a private place and he shows up, you will need to show the order to the police so they can act.  Since he stabbed the items the last girlfriend had, he may advance to stabbing you , especially since this is another rejection for him. Do Not agree to get back together with him. Make sure you are with people when you are away from your house. When people breakup they sometimes respond this way. But since he has such a volatile temper, its better to proceed cautiously. Of course, it sometimes happens that an "Order of Protection" has the opposite effect. It makes the person even "more" angry and they may vow to take revenge. That has happened all too many times. If he is seen hanging around where you live or follows you from a distance that is a bad sign. He may be trying to work up the courage to assault you. If you have some male friends you can be around that would be a plus. He may know too many of your habits and schedules and comings and goings so you need to be on alert and watchful.  The police may very well visit him and tell him about the threat he made to you. That may be enough to scare him off and then again it may not.  

Teenage Problems

Jonathan