Teenage Problems/Will my past come back and ruin my future...?

16 year old male.

About 3 months ago,I was in a dark place. I felt unloved and unwanted and hated myself so much. So.... I started sexting multiple people over the app Kik. This went on for a while, and I sexted pictures of myself to probably a few dozen people, all strangers, some underage and some over. Please do not tell me how stupid I was, or how disgusting of a decision I made, because I more than realize it. In grief, I started cutting myself on a regular basis and have now attempted to take my life twice. I hate myself so much for what I did.

The thing that terrifies me is that somehow the pictures will get out and ruin my future, because I want nothing more than to be an author and I'm already hard at work at it. None of the nude pictures I sent included my face (I sent face pictures separately) and I used a fake name and an email that I have deleted. Most of the people I sexted sent pictures back and I didn't do anything to anger them into trying to blackmail me. I'm so grief-stricken by this, and I just want it to disappear and stay in my past, but I cannot get over the fear that a stupid decision I made will come back and ruin any attempt I make at trying to live my dream.

Any advice, help, encouragement?

First of all delete all pictures you have on your device. Next delete all of the phone numbers you sent any pictures to. Next resolve to never do something like this again. Next forgive yourself and promise God you will never do anything like this again. If you are a church goer then visit your church and just speak to God about what you did. If you have no religious faith then stop in at a Roman Catholic church and ask if there is a priest you can speak to. You can talk to him about what you did and he should be able to put your mind at ease, which is what you need right now. I never met anyone who never made a mistake in their life. Although there are plenty of people who lead you to believe they are perfect. The perfect young man and the perfect young woman have yet to be born in this world. Do not try to harm yourself. To take your mind off of this I suggest you consult with some hospital or nursing home or handicapped person facility and ask if they need any volunteers. They will. Then volunteer some of your time, if not during the week then on the weekend. You can puch someone in a wheelchair to get outside or get them to lunch, or read to them or help them use a computer. Give of your time freely and ask nothing in return.

Teenage Problems

I have dealt with many young people in a teaching environment as well as in teaching young people at tennis clinics. Since younger people have seen so little of the world their view of the world should not be shaped by the confines of what happens within their family unit. Its natural to be shy about developing relationships outside the home but young people need to know the other person is also probably just as shy as they are. If you havea problem then remember you are in good company. There are no new problems. Someone else has also had the same problem. If you need ideas on how to handle them or some choices to consider feel free to ask. I will answer questions about moral issues and how to handle such issues when they come up in your life. Continue reading about the issue of bullies which can be physical, emotional or sexual as well as bullies who use the internet to spread stories about you. You do not have to be teenager to ask a question here on how to handle this. If you are a pre-teen or tween you may also ask a question here.

I have taught children from 7th through 12th grade. It is all too common for young people to be shy or hesistate because they fear rejection from someone of the opposite sex. You do not have to be a teenager to ask a question here. If you are a pre-teen or "tween" as is commonly used now and are being "bullied" by someone and bullies can be other kids who hit you or as is becoming more common sexual bullying by name calling or spreading stories about you feel free to ask a question about what to do about it. There is also cyber bullying by people who may know you and there can be people who are pretending to be someone they are not who may insult you and try to destroy your self esteem. When you run into people who insult you its best to just block them and delete them or at the very least close down the messenger you are using. If anyone taunts you by calling you names or racial slurs or any slur that involves a persons sexual orientation you need to understand that the person doing that is trying to project their own questions about their own sexual orientation that they are questioning. This may sound complicated and it is. The people who are the most hateful in reality hate themselves and hate what they are desperately trying to convince themselves they are not (for example being gay or lesbian).