Teenage Problems/cant let them down

Question
Basically for my whole life I have been an A grade student, my parents are so proud, but lately I have been finding it harder to improve and get amazing grades in tests. I don't want my parents to be disappointed because they have always expected me to do well. What shall I do? Thank you

Answer
Hello Grace,

First of all has there been some change in your life that might be responsible for you no longer getting A grades? Have you began to go to a different school? Are you now in what the US calls "High School"? What shall you do? First be sure to ask your teachers before or after class for help with any subject you do not understand. Be willing to go in early or stay after school to get extra help. If this is not possible then ask your teachers what they suggest that you do. If you are spending a more significant amount of time talking on the phone or texting or spending a lot of non-homework time using the computer then you need to stop. If you find you cannot stop then set a clock on top of your computer and set the alarm to go off at a pre determined time as a signal to turn the computer off or to stop using a cell phone and turn it off. Let this signal be a firm time, that means you must discipline yourself to spend your time on school work.  You must devote your time to your schoolwork since you can never again have the opportunity to learn all you can at this time in your life.  To get back to your "A" status you must learn to "Set Goals". Without the setting of "Goals" nothing is ever accomplished. You have to set your own goals. Let that be to obtain an A in all of your subjects. You may not be able to obtain an A in all of your subjects but that does not mean you should not set the goal of obtaining an A in them.  

Teenage Problems

Jonathan