Teenage Problems/how does ex see me?

Question
my ex asked me if I met other guys then he told me that I'm one of the msot nicest kindest and caring girls he has met then I said "no one else has said that to me before" then he said "people these days don't complement one another as oftern as they should" what does that mean? does he still like me? we talk regularly as we are still good friends

Answer
Hi there Maria,

Thank you for taking the time to write to me and I hope that I can help.

Guys are not very good at giving clues to their emotions and unless they are asked directly, they will scarcely open up about how they are feeling. My advice would be to lay the cards on the table about how you feel about him and ask him how he feels about you. You have a history together and should talk openly and honestly to see if there is the potential for your relationship to get back on track. If you don't ask him, you will be forever wondering what is happening and reading into things that may not be accurate. At least if you confront him directly and have an honest conversation with him then you will know either way.

The fact that you have a good friendship and he is complimentary is good and it could be that he enjoys things the way that they are but misses the intimacy with you, but only he can tell you how he feels and only you can ask the question. You have nothing to lose but perhaps a lot to gain by being direct and knowing where you stand.

I hope that helps.  

Teenage Problems

Daryl Taylor, BSc (Hons) Psychology, PGDip (pending certification)