Teenage Problems/Why do people dislike me for no reason?

I'm 16 years old, and all my life I've always been a target. I'm extremely quiet, but somehow the spotlight has always been on me: Whether if it was in a positive way or a negative way. I get told by many that I'm very good looking, but I've been told by a good amount that I'm ugly too. Like I said, I'm quiet, but I always catch someone talking about me behind my back or on Facebook. A few people have made pictures about me and posted them on Facebook with my picture calling me ugly and saying all this other stuff about me, and I've done NOTHING to them. I mean, I appreciate the fact that I'm always in their heads and they're just so focused on me, but why? I've been told that I look very intimidating, but what's that supposed to mean? I've fought a girl and beat her up in front of a lot of people in school because she wouldn't stop messing with me. When people talk about me, they either do it over the internet or wait until I leave the classroom. What is it about me?

Hi Shakira,

Thank you for writing to me.  Please, Please, Please don't let people bother you.  People are going to talk about you if you are beautiful, ugly, fat, skinny, bald, short, tall, etc. etc.etc.  Some people have nothing else to do with their life but talk about people.  You don't have to do anything to anyone for them to find something to talk about.  I know it can be difficult, especially at your age to ignore them but be grateful that you are on their minds.  

It sounds to me that either they have nothing else to do or they are jealous of you.  This cyberspace thing is just so bad.  At one time, people would come to your face or send you a message but now the punk way to do it is on facebook.  There are so many cowards that hide behind cyberspace.  You do you and let them do them.  If you ignore them they will find someone else to pick on.  Most people that write things on facebook just want to get a rise out of you and other people that are too coward to step to you.  

Don't let them get to you.  People will post lies and degrading things about you but if you can ignore it, please try very hard.  If you are 16 you are in school and hopefully have a goal in life.  Work on you and ignore them.  Again, they may be jealous of you and you cannot help being you.  What are your goals in life?  What grade are you in?  What are your grades? You sound like a very lovely person.  

Dr. Lee

Teenage Problems

Dr. Shirley M Lee

I can answer questions relating to youth that are on probation, arrested, has anger management issues, lack of impulse control, problems in school and substance abuse issues. Additionally, I can answer questions about youth with sex issues, domestic violence, child abuse, child sex abuse, as the abuser and the one that has been abused, parent abuse, physical, mental and psychological abuse. I answer questions about marriage and divorce. I can't answer questions about medication that has been ordered by a psychiatrist and it's side affects or should you stop taking it. I can answer the question as to what reason the medication was ordered.

I have been providing care, guidance, and social services for children, adolescents, and their families for 32plus years. I work with young people who struggle with behavioral problems and issues at home and school. I assist our youth in developing healthy living habits and motivate them to become productive citizens. In addition, I work with the parents and families to motivate and encourage strengthening the family. I have worked with families that have been homeless, in poverty, peer pressure, and bullying. I currently counsel with youth that are on probation for battery, domestic violence, petit and petite theft, substance substance abuse and sex offenders. I also speak with their teachers and go into the homes and schools. I am a mentor to all these children and their parents. When help is needed beyond my expertise I will suggest where to take the child to receive the proper services.

Published 6 books and were sold at the Christian Book Store for one year.

Ph.d in Sacred Religious Counseling; Ph.d in Counseling Psychology; MA in Public Administration; BA in Paralegal; Clinically Certified Domestic Violence Counselor; CFARS (CHILDREN'S FUNCTIONAL ASSESSMENT RATING SCALE); and for adults the FARS (FUNCTIONAL ASSESSMENT RATING SCALE. I am also a Licensed Clinical Pastoral Counselor.

Biblical Studies with highest Honors. Magna Cum laude.

In the past I worked for two different agencies as a Case Manager, a Therapist and a Counselor for the youth. I worked under the leadership of the two agencies as an independent contractor. 3 years ago I began working my own business, which has been in existence since 2002 in counseling. Presently I am working with youth that are on probation and is court ordered to take an anger management and/or impulse control class with me. I am also registered with the county to perform marriage counseling and weddings.