Teenage Problems/Friends

Question
I have a hard time keeping friends in high school. They know I'm not a virgin so they all call me a "slut" or "the school hoe", we're in a catholic high school so I just want to know the best way to deal with these problems.

Answer
Hi Cheyenne,

Thank you for writing to me.  Just ignore their comments.  In order to keep something going, it must be fed.  The more you object or try to defend yourself, the more they are going to talk.  I don't care what you do or say, some people are going to talk about you.  If you were a virgin, some would not believe you or would call you a homosexual.  You are never going to please everyone.  

Keep you head lifted high, do your school work and keep up your grades.  Most of these people you will never see again beyond high school.  

Respectfully,
Dr. Lee

Teenage Problems

Dr. Shirley M Lee