Teenage Problems/height

Iam 15 yrs old and my current ht is 5ft 3inch. Over past 2 and a half yrs I a have stop growing tall all. I do masturbation over past 3yrs once daily, maximum twice. Is masturbation the cause for my ht? How can Igrow tall?  Please help. Your kind advice is highly grateful to me .

Hello Bridu,

I am assuming you are a boy since I am not familiar with names.  Your height is dependent upon the average height of both of your parents. Indulging in masturbation has no effect on your height. There are plenty of people who will tell you otherwise but masturbation has no effect at all. Proper nutrition and getting enough sleep (which for teenagers is like at least nine hours a night. Most people, especially teens do not get nine hours of sleep each night. You should eat a diet high in vegetables that are high in calcium. Whole milk which contains a lot of calcium is also required. Our bones need calcium and we also need vitamin D. In the US all milk has vitamin D added to it. It was discovered in the 1920-30's that children who did not receive sun exposure (our skin makes vitamin D) were prone to developing a disease called "rickets".  The US Federal Government required all milk products to have supplemental Vitamin D added to the milk products. This does not mean you should start overdoing taking vitamin D or drinking large quantities of milk.
   What you need to do is to get plenty of restful sleep and eat a good diet which should include milk several times a day. In the US we used to be given a half pint of milk in the morning and again at noon time. It was to insure all children got the calcium and vitamin D to build strong bones. You have about six more years of growth ahead of you before you reach your adult height. When you lie down and get to stretch out as when sleeping your body is relaxed and that's when most growth and repair of the body takes place. I was always tall for my age. I always drank at least four glasses of milk a day. During the summer break when we had no school I used to sleep late and I always believed that is why I grew tall (6ft 1 inch). I became taller than both of my parents. Masturbation is done by every teenage boy all over the world. They may deny it but they are lying if they say they do not do it. You did not mention what religious faith you have. I ask only to encourage everyone to attend religious services as much as they can, I hope this helps you. If you have other concerns feel free to ask a follow up question.

Teenage Problems

I have dealt with many young people in a teaching environment as well as in teaching young people at tennis clinics. Since younger people have seen so little of the world their view of the world should not be shaped by the confines of what happens within their family unit. Its natural to be shy about developing relationships outside the home but young people need to know the other person is also probably just as shy as they are. If you havea problem then remember you are in good company. There are no new problems. Someone else has also had the same problem. If you need ideas on how to handle them or some choices to consider feel free to ask. I will answer questions about moral issues and how to handle such issues when they come up in your life. Continue reading about the issue of bullies which can be physical, emotional or sexual as well as bullies who use the internet to spread stories about you. You do not have to be teenager to ask a question here on how to handle this. If you are a pre-teen or tween you may also ask a question here.

I have taught children from 7th through 12th grade. It is all too common for young people to be shy or hesistate because they fear rejection from someone of the opposite sex. You do not have to be a teenager to ask a question here. If you are a pre-teen or "tween" as is commonly used now and are being "bullied" by someone and bullies can be other kids who hit you or as is becoming more common sexual bullying by name calling or spreading stories about you feel free to ask a question about what to do about it. There is also cyber bullying by people who may know you and there can be people who are pretending to be someone they are not who may insult you and try to destroy your self esteem. When you run into people who insult you its best to just block them and delete them or at the very least close down the messenger you are using. If anyone taunts you by calling you names or racial slurs or any slur that involves a persons sexual orientation you need to understand that the person doing that is trying to project their own questions about their own sexual orientation that they are questioning. This may sound complicated and it is. The people who are the most hateful in reality hate themselves and hate what they are desperately trying to convince themselves they are not (for example being gay or lesbian).