Teenage Problems/Help me

Hey :) I like this guy. We've known each other for about a year now. Went out for like 4 times and only two times for us two alone.
He makes me smile and I can't get him off my mind but I don't date.
He flirts and sometimes I think he likes me
He asked me why I don't date and I told him I don't like
Dating and I feel there are more important things in life. Then I said plus I haven't found the right person and then he was like so if you found him will you date him?
And I said no.
The thing is he didn't change. I mean he keeps flirting and keeps showing he is interested in me even though he knows I don't date.
He's going for army next week .. He's 22 by the way and I'm 19. I'm gonna
Miss him so much and I don't want him to leave.
We were joking and in the middle of the words he was like who knows what's gonna happen in five years .. We could cut off with eachother or we could be best friends or we could get married.
What do you think I should do? And why do you think he still flirts and shows he's interested even though he knows we won't date??
We're supposed to go out before he goes to the army and I don't know what to do when we do.  Please help me. Thank youuu

Hi Sarah,

I do not think you are really sold on him. You did not say if he has an occupation that will allow him to support a family. You also did not say if you are going to a college and working on getting an education. In todays world it is so important to prepare for an occupation to insure you can support yourself. There is such a problem with people marrying and then falling out of love and then getting a divorce. In the US  50 per cent of the marriages end in divorce. That is a very sad figure. You have a lot of time to decide if you want to marry someone. It is never a good idea to make a quick decision about getting married to anyone. In general it sounds as if you are not ready to make a decision to get married or even date someone. For this reason I do not think this is the time for you to get serious with anyone.

Teenage Problems

I have dealt with many young people in a teaching environment as well as in teaching young people at tennis clinics. Since younger people have seen so little of the world their view of the world should not be shaped by the confines of what happens within their family unit. Its natural to be shy about developing relationships outside the home but young people need to know the other person is also probably just as shy as they are. If you havea problem then remember you are in good company. There are no new problems. Someone else has also had the same problem. If you need ideas on how to handle them or some choices to consider feel free to ask. I will answer questions about moral issues and how to handle such issues when they come up in your life. Continue reading about the issue of bullies which can be physical, emotional or sexual as well as bullies who use the internet to spread stories about you. You do not have to be teenager to ask a question here on how to handle this. If you are a pre-teen or tween you may also ask a question here.

I have taught children from 7th through 12th grade. It is all too common for young people to be shy or hesistate because they fear rejection from someone of the opposite sex. You do not have to be a teenager to ask a question here. If you are a pre-teen or "tween" as is commonly used now and are being "bullied" by someone and bullies can be other kids who hit you or as is becoming more common sexual bullying by name calling or spreading stories about you feel free to ask a question about what to do about it. There is also cyber bullying by people who may know you and there can be people who are pretending to be someone they are not who may insult you and try to destroy your self esteem. When you run into people who insult you its best to just block them and delete them or at the very least close down the messenger you are using. If anyone taunts you by calling you names or racial slurs or any slur that involves a persons sexual orientation you need to understand that the person doing that is trying to project their own questions about their own sexual orientation that they are questioning. This may sound complicated and it is. The people who are the most hateful in reality hate themselves and hate what they are desperately trying to convince themselves they are not (for example being gay or lesbian).