Teenage Problems/I'm scared to tell my mom

I'm 16 and my mom had a new boyfriend for a couple months. She really likes him, but today he came into my room telling me he's in love with me. He was telling me that he comes around to see me. He was touching me all over my legs and tried to kiss me. He also said a very sexual thing to me. He said "I know you're pure. I've thought about licking your kitty cat because I now it's young and pure." My sister, who is 23, told my mom that this man tried to have sex with HER as well, but she doesn't believe her. My mom always favored me over my sister however. I don't know if I should tell my mom or what. This man told me to promise to keep what he said to me a secret, but that's my mom. This guy is old enough to be my dad, and that's very sickening to me.

Hi Shakira,

Thank you for writing to me.  TELL YOUR MOTHER.  Whether she believes you or not, tell her anyway.  Tell your sister.  Tell your teacher.  Tell your mother that if she does not believe you that you will tell anyone that will listen to you.  You do not have to be afraid in your own home.  No man has the right to proposition you and tell you not to tell.  By you keeping it a secret you are condoning what he said to you. Let him know that you are telling your mother.  

Your mother does not know that much about him in a couple of months.  If your sister told your mother and she did not believe her, tell your mother in front of him.  If she does not take any action to keep him away from you, you may have to seek help elsewhere, at school, or with another relative.  This is not a secret.  How dare him approach you like that.  He is not good to be in your house period.  If your mother wants to have a relationship with him, even though I don't see why she would, let her do it outside of your house and presence.  If she insist on having him over to the house, let her know that you will have to find residence with another family. Tell her how discussed you are and exactly what he said.  There are some mothers that don't want to be alone so they will accept anyone that shows an interest in them.  They get upset when the "man" finds their daughters more attractive.  We have words for these kind of men and women.  Do not let him get away with it.  If  you keep it a secret, you may be home alone and he may try to act on what he said to you.  Then when you complain about it, it will all be blamed on you because you did not tell anyone when he first propositioned you. TELL, TELL, TELL.

Dr. Lee

Teenage Problems

Dr. Shirley M Lee

I can answer questions relating to youth that are on probation, arrested, has anger management issues, lack of impulse control, problems in school and substance abuse issues. Additionally, I can answer questions about youth with sex issues, domestic violence, child abuse, child sex abuse, as the abuser and the one that has been abused, parent abuse, physical, mental and psychological abuse. I answer questions about marriage and divorce. I can't answer questions about medication that has been ordered by a psychiatrist and it's side affects or should you stop taking it. I can answer the question as to what reason the medication was ordered.

I have been providing care, guidance, and social services for children, adolescents, and their families for 32plus years. I work with young people who struggle with behavioral problems and issues at home and school. I assist our youth in developing healthy living habits and motivate them to become productive citizens. In addition, I work with the parents and families to motivate and encourage strengthening the family. I have worked with families that have been homeless, in poverty, peer pressure, and bullying. I currently counsel with youth that are on probation for battery, domestic violence, petit and petite theft, substance substance abuse and sex offenders. I also speak with their teachers and go into the homes and schools. I am a mentor to all these children and their parents. When help is needed beyond my expertise I will suggest where to take the child to receive the proper services.

Published 6 books and were sold at the Christian Book Store for one year.

Ph.d in Sacred Religious Counseling; Ph.d in Counseling Psychology; MA in Public Administration; BA in Paralegal; Clinically Certified Domestic Violence Counselor; CFARS (CHILDREN'S FUNCTIONAL ASSESSMENT RATING SCALE); and for adults the FARS (FUNCTIONAL ASSESSMENT RATING SCALE. I am also a Licensed Clinical Pastoral Counselor.

Biblical Studies with highest Honors. Magna Cum laude.

In the past I worked for two different agencies as a Case Manager, a Therapist and a Counselor for the youth. I worked under the leadership of the two agencies as an independent contractor. 3 years ago I began working my own business, which has been in existence since 2002 in counseling. Presently I am working with youth that are on probation and is court ordered to take an anger management and/or impulse control class with me. I am also registered with the county to perform marriage counseling and weddings.