Teenage Problems/Advice for the future

Good afternoon pastor,
I decided to speak to you about my problem since there may be more about your advice as you're both a parent and a man of God. Please note that what I seek is not an answer in the form of a preaching or anything like that for I do believe in God but I like to do it in such a way that my religion is a different concept from what I believe in. I hope you sort of understand that I need a more experience - based answer but also that I absolutely do not mean to insult by what I said earlier.
I am a 17 year old teenager from Romania and I am slowly closing in on my deadline to make a decision about my future. Soon enough I am going to write my application for an university in England(at least that`s the plan) but I don't think I can figure out what I want to do in time. At this point you would probably think I don't know myself quite well enough and that I need to take an introspective look in order to figure out my skills and abilities or what I like to do so, in order to debunk that, here we go: I am very good at public speaking, I like making videos on diverse subjects and am pretty good at it, I can write , I can act,I can sing quite well,I have a sense of humor, I am persuasive, I can work in a team, I can be a leader, I can be manipulative if the situation demands, I am a quick learner, I can speak\write in both English and Romanian at a native level of expression, I am very creative, I am very good at debating on any topic and I am very good at maintaining good relationships with the people I interact with. Now, since that`s out of the way, here's the problem: What do I do with these? I mean, I know myself well enough to understand my strengths and weaknesses but it doesn't do me any good when facing the situation in which I want to make a decision regarding what university to pick and what courses to take. Furthermore, I despise having to think that I might need to focus on just one of my abilities and would much prefer a proffesion in which I can include as many of these as possible. I literally do not know my options and , in case you're thinking I might need to take some time off after highschool and find my way, you need to know that I don't have that kind of time. I live in a country that will bring you down if you don't try to climb as high as you can, as soon as you can, and never look back. If I don't find my answers soon enough I'll be out of luck and trapped within a future job that I'll most likely hate. All that I seek is the chance that you may have seen something similar and can relate to my situation. There's also no room for the typical "Do what you like best" reply since I like many things and also refuse to do one in favor of the others. Which do you think is the job that may satisfy me, the job that I can do and like doing?
PS: my parents will most likely support my decision if I actually make one so there's also no problem there but I need to get the confidence necessary to assume the responsibility of a decision such as this and I can't since I have no idea what is best for me.
Any ideas?

Hi Avram,

Thanks for this interesting but vague question.  I am very sorry for the frustration you seem to be experiencing.  It is very difficult for a complete stranger to give you specific direction regarding your future choices and happiness.  I suggest you go to college and start your general studies for the first two years... exploring different options.  If you do that with an undeclared major, you are not locked into anything.  Volunteer/ shadow in fields that interest you and see how God leads.  I find that when trying to find which direction to head... it is very difficult to steer a parked car... in other words...  start going somewhere and if it is wrong you will know... inaction is the one thing you must avoid.

Proverbs 3:56 (AV)
5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

I hope that this helps you.

In Christ
Pastor Don

Teenage Problems

Pastor Don Carpenter

I am a father of four and a Baptist Pastor. Before becoming a senior pastor, I was a youth pastor and worker for over 10 years. If you ask this volunteer a question, you will get the benifit of 20 + years experience in the ministry and the counsel of the Bible, God`s perfect book. Feel free to ask any Biblical or moral questions.

I have been involved in pastoral type counseling for 20+ years. Most of my experience has been with chemical addiction, crisis intervention, and some types of severe mental illness. I have some secular training in those areas as well as a Bible College degree.

Evangelical Baptist Church

Revival Baptist Chronicles
The Fundamental Baptist Voice

BS in Bible from Baptist Bible College in CLarks Summit PA
Various training seminars in, Co-occuring disorders, treatment of those who have been sexually abused, and Solution Focused Therapy.