Teenage Problems/It's me again

Question
Hi, it's me again,
Thank you so much for answering my questions before I really appreciate it. A lot of stuff has happened and the a hotline and the police know bits and pieces, about the situation. My friend called for both things since I wouldn't. She was talking I was freaking out and pretending it wasn't happening, because I couldn't deal with the reality that this was actually was. I felt so bad after that call was made. I never felt so horrible. But I had a feeling it had to be done. Those little kids didn't deserve it. I just felt like I had too and once I did I wish I left it alone. I opened a door that I didn't want too. Now I have mixed feelings because so far nothing happened after that day. I don't like not knowing whats going to happen, the feeling of being on edge. Since this whole this is the biggest secret I have ever kept and the biggest thing I've ever done.
A few days after they came, I begun having almost flash backs, not quite flash backs though. I was remembering things that my mom did to those kids. And stuff she did to me. It was hard to believe if actually forgotten them.
I don't know if you would know but would the hotline tell the police about what my friend told them? Because she gave very detailed info to them and very vague information to the police.

I have one more question, after the whole ordeal my depression started to get better. But the anxiety is getting worse. Is that normal?

Thank you so much,

Answer
Hi RJ,

Thank you for writing to me again.  

I am so proud of you and your friend for helping those defensive children. I am glad that you took a positive stand.  It is totally normal for you to have mixed feelings.  Remember, this is your mother.  However, it opened doors for you by helping you to remember things about your childhood in which you had forgotten.  It is good for you to get these things out of your head.  If you did not think of them now, they would have appeared later in life which could have caused you or your loved ones a lot of grief.  

The hotline will not tell the police anything that they do not need to know.  If it is something that the police can handle, the hotline will inform them.  If it was determined to be a crime instead of child neglect or abuse, the police should know.

Your depression has improved because you no longer feel guilty for not helping those children.  You knew your mother was doing wrong things and you were keeping quiet.  The anxiety will subside as things are done to correct the wrong that is done to those children and they are out of harms way.  You may want to speak with a therapist in your town that can talk with you and you will feel open enough to tell EVERYTHING that is on your mind.  One that you can feel relieve from crying, talking, and just getting everything from your past and future off of your mind.  You are going to be all right.  

Respectfully,
Dr. Lee

Teenage Problems

Dr. Shirley M Lee